Xp Wont Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to install xp, the problem im having is i get so far then i goes back to the begining of the process. I agree to the licence agreement then select where i want to install to it copies the files on to pc then it tells me the pc needs to reboot so i let i do that then it goes back to the begining of the procees. the boot sequence in the bios is 1st cd rom 2nd hard drive 3rd floppy, ive tried it with different combinations still no joy, the pc is recognissing that i got 3 hard drives connected to the pc ive tried it with just 1 connected. i have them connected with SATA cables. please help im banging my head up the wall with it. :confused: :confused:

Thanks Guys

When you boot from the XP cd, your computer asks you to press any key to boot from cd. Pressing any key starts the installation process.

When your computer reboots during the installation, it will ask you to press any key to boot from cd again. Do not press any key again, otherwise XP will start from the very begining.

If you are installing XP to your sata drive, you will need to press F6 when asked, in order to load the sata drivers from floppy disk.

If this is not what`s happening, then I`m out of ideas.

Regards Howard :)

tried all of that, when the system reboots i do not get the option to boot from cd, it just starts at the beginning again many thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back