TechSpot

XP won't load Blue Screen

By vbmaxx2
Jun 10, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently removed some spyware with spyware cleaner. After that I had to reboot. Now when Ever I Start my computer, the windows xp loading screen begins and then goes changes to a blue screen. Think login screen without any people to login. It is a blue screen. I can still move my mouse but I cannot do anything. Nothing works. Safe mode and debug mode all bring me to the same blue screen with a windows xp logo in the center. What do I do?
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Did you Read anything on this forum, before you posted?
    Go to the very first one on this page: How to repair...
  3. hotice

hotice Newcomer, in training Posts: 22

Try defragmenting your HD and see if the boot problem gets solved, as high levels of fragmentation may be the cause of startup issues. You could regularly run a specialized automatic defrag software that will run in the background, this will also help to optimize system performance.
  4. eSentrik

eSentrik Newcomer, in training

i am having same problem. can anyone help please? my computer is basically useless right now and i need some stuff from it.
  5. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

6. sunjai

sunjai Newcomer, in training

Hi guys,
    I am having the same problem. The welcome screen says "click on the username to login" but there are no usernames to select. All I can click is turn off the computer. I have no where to proceed. I am NOT an advanced computer guy. However, I have tried booting in safe mode, repair installation, but nothing works. So, please if somebody can tell me in simple words how to fix this problem, I really appreciate. Thanks
    Sanjay
  7. altheman

altheman Newcomer, in training Posts: 541

I think XP Pro allows Logging in via Ctrl+Alt+Del. Press the del key twice at the end of the sequence, and the old Win 2000 type login screen should show up.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.