TechSpot

Yahoo: creepy Facebook could be our biggest competitor

By Emil
Oct 8, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz has admitted that Facebook could one day become Yahoo's number one competitor, according to USA Today. When asked what company was Yahoo's single biggest competitor, Bartz replied: "Facebook — not today, but they could be. If they keep going, they will have the vault of information on everybody in the world, and that’s valuable." When asked whether Facebook was valuable to the point of scary, she said: "Yes, creepy. I don't care to find an old boyfriend. One time, just to ...

Read the whole story
  2. What is Yahoo?
  3. I'm pretty sure it was some sort of search engine when I was a kid.

I imagine its one of those companies that doesn't actually do anything but still exists in theory.

Like sill having an @aol.com email address.
  4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

I bet he peed his paints when making that statement.
  5. Gars

Gars TS Enthusiast Posts: 228

lol
    i have to admire those posts above

any1 with yahoo messenger here?
  6. I have to use yahoo, and I have this habit of leaving my cell phone on at night, got woken up at 4:00 am by a pest that I have refused multiple times. The only reasin I use yahoo messenger is because some idoit at the University of Oklahoma decided that whas going to be the chat of the future, and since she can not answer the phone during working hours, its the only way to get to her. That's what I call creepy!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.