TechSpot

Yahoo launches Aviate, a homescreen personalization app for Android

By Shawn Knight
Jun 23, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Yahoo's mobile portfolio got a bit more crowded on Monday with the introduction of Aviate, a homescreen personalization app for Android phones featuring a clean layout that automatically organizes your apps for you.

Read more

2. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,163   +197

Maybe google should force its android oem partners to only install stock android and let individual customers to select manufacturer's 'home screen personalization' or from a rival, or nothing at all.
    no more excuses for fragmentation.
    no more 'lag'.

if the EU can force Microsoft for internet browser ballot, then perhaps it is time for 'forced' touchwiz, sense ui, and similar app to disappear.
    what is good for the goose must also be good for the gander.

3. trgz

trgz TS Booster Posts: 153   +23

Yeah but it's Yahoo - who uses it voluntarily?

4. Matt12345170

Matt12345170 TS Booster Posts: 100   +28

Honestly, probably the worst launcher I have ever used on a smartphone.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

I may just check it out after it's received a few upgrades but in all honesty I still can't find any use for Google Now which is a bundled installation on my phone so I really can't see it being of much use to me.

6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,688   +1,879

Oh sure, complain about everything. Win 7 with Bing got trashed, Google is of no use, and Yahoo is for people that don't know any better.

Why don't you all join me in the last century, and stick to land line. I've never missed a smart phone, since I've never owned one.

There's no Starbuck's "app", for a wired phone, but you can buy a "Mr. Coffee" for about 20 bucks. It'll pay for itself halfway though the 2nd visit to Starbuck's. Wanna know the weather, put down the phone and look up.

7. mikeusru

mikeusru TS Rookie Posts: 48