Yahoo launches Axis search browser for desktop, mobile platforms

By Matthew
May 23, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. In its continued effort to supply us with head-scratching headlines, Yahoo has unveiled a pseudo-Web browser. Dubbed "Axis," the HTML5-based software will be a standalone browser for mobile platforms including...

Read the whole story
  2. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Axis?

That word does not really have any positive connotations, unless you're talking about rotation.
  3. " If you're viewing a page on your desktop, you can hop on your iPad and pick up right where you left off"

Implying you can't already do this with Android, and quite possibly with iOS apps too for all I know.

I use this feature on Android constantly, and it's a God-send, but I'll not be installing anything made by Yahoo, especially when it's copying a feature I already have.
  4. Hmm, looks interesting for my desktop. I'll give it a try in Firefox, maybe it'll be good.
  5. Sounds like you would login to Yahoo and they keep this information on their servers. No thanks; everything you do is being tracked with your implicit consent since you are using a free app. I’d rather use DuckDuckGo.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.