Yahoo messenger stops receiving messages on new laptop, PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am new to this site, and I would really appreciate it, if anyone could give me some helpful advice on this issue I am having. I have a brand new Sony VAIO laptop, Windows Vista is the operating system, and I have an ativa wireless router. I am able to access the internet and any website just fine. However, yahoo messenger has been giving me all sorts of problems. I have the Yahoo msgr vista version. It will sign on just fine, I can send messages to anyone always. However, I can receive messages from my friends for a few minutes, then it will just stop receiving messages? Then, I will either get a number of messages all at once, or I never receive any at all?? This has been driving me crazy for the last few months. I would really like to be able to get this problem resolved as soon as i can, and any help that any of you could give me, would be greatly appreciated. On my desktop, before I used the wireless router, I never had any issues at all with yahoo messenger?? I am thinking it could be something with the wireless router, could someone please help me with this!! I would be sooo thankful. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

LSUBEAST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back