Yahoo messenger stops receiving messages on new laptop, PLEASE HELP!

By lsubeast
Apr 14, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I am new to this site, and I would really appreciate it, if anyone could give me some helpful advice on this issue I am having. I have a brand new Sony VAIO laptop, Windows Vista is the operating system, and I have an ativa wireless router. I am able to access the internet and any website just fine. However, yahoo messenger has been giving me all sorts of problems. I have the Yahoo msgr vista version. It will sign on just fine, I can send messages to anyone always. However, I can receive messages from my friends for a few minutes, then it will just stop receiving messages? Then, I will either get a number of messages all at once, or I never receive any at all?? This has been driving me crazy for the last few months. I would really like to be able to get this problem resolved as soon as i can, and any help that any of you could give me, would be greatly appreciated. On my desktop, before I used the wireless router, I never had any issues at all with yahoo messenger?? I am thinking it could be something with the wireless router, could someone please help me with this!! I would be sooo thankful. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

LSUBEAST
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.