TechSpot

Yahoo to shut down another batch of products as activist investor pushes for AOL acquisition

By Shawn Knight
Sep 26, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Today spells the beginning of the end for another batch of Yahoo products as investors put more pressure on the company to merge with AOL. Jay Rossiter, SVP of Yahoo's cloud platform group, revealed in a Tumblr post that the...

Read more

2. seefizzle

seefizzle TS Addict Posts: 278   +142

Jeffery Smith sounds like a tool. That's like demanding the captain of a sinking ship tie itself to another sinking ship.

erickmendes likes this.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +2,033

Just because Armstrong was spotted in a sleazy bar with Meyer doesn't mean to say they were discussing real business, maybe they were discussing monkey business. I dunno, I think it would be hard not to with her.

4. elemental

elemental TS Member

I'd want to be spotted in a bar (or anywhere) with Marissa just for the story

5. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,389   +329

Seriously Smith go in a hole and fill it with cement!

This Smith guy is really trying to ruin Yahoo isn't he, they have built up their reputation, profit, rankings and this guy decided "Oh hey buy AOL because YOLO and sell stocks in Alibaba because I want to see you in 2-5yrs time crying about how you sold them when they are now worth 5x what they are now YOLO :D:D:D:D:D:"

I seriously wish I had money in my pocket to show this smith guy how to run a damn company and how to run yahoo!!!!!

6. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,309   +56

Instead of putting school on all those unused cable channels, they're doing the opposite. I believe lots of employees in critical positions, especially in america, have no degrees despite the job requirements to have them, because they just can't afford school.

7. erickmendes

erickmendes TS Enthusiast Posts: 38

Yahoo merging with AOL? That would result in an awsome pile of really nothing.