TechSpot

Yahoo's $1.1 billion purchase of Tumblr a done deal

By Dave LeClair
May 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Yahoo first announced its intention to acquire the popular blogging site Tumblr on Sunday, and it has made the $1.1 billion deal official this morning. CEO Marissa Mayer is clearly trying to make good on her promise of turning Yahoo into a...

Read more

2. umbala

umbala TS Rookie Posts: 21

Well, I guess that marks the end of Tumblr. Yahoo is the new AOL. They're like a Bizzaro World King Midas, everything they touch turns to s**t. I'm sure Yahoo will now get busy finding ways to cram ads and monetize their new acquisition. Oh well.

3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,157   +739

Pretty extreme don't you think? I looked up some 2012 web stats... turns out Yahoo is the 3rd most visited site on the web, only behind Google and Facebook. And for news, it's number 1. I'd give em a chance. :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/data...te-visitor-statistics-nielsen-may-2012-google

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,065   +919

I have faith in Yahoo. I dont use Tumblr but my sister is a big fan of it. If this was Google I would be worried, but with Yahoos recent restructuring, I have faith. The only thing that I hate about this deal is that in the future, Tumblr will be 50% ads.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.