Yahoo's 30 days of change campaign will end with new logo design

By Shawn Knight
Aug 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Yahoo on Wednesday announced plans to introduce a new logo next month. But rather than keep everyone waiting for the big reveal, the company said they will display a variation of their logo on their homepage and through their network...

Read more
  2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

Get rid of the yodel. it's old and not working anymore.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,887   +352

Im confused about the originality of using straight lines and basic arcs to make a logo. its annoying to look at, difficult to read, and, above all, indistinguishable. I hope thats not reflected in what the new logo actually is.

I guess the same thing could be said about their new layout too. On top of the bad journalism I dont even know why I still bother with yahoo.
    avoidz likes this.
  4. The email brings me back.
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,843   +887

That new logo is bad.
    avoidz likes this.
  6. Nobina

Nobina TechSpot Booster Posts: 368   +72

The reason I don't use Yahoo! is because there's nothing wrong with Google. Even if they somehow improved I will stick to Google. You know...If it ain't broken don't fix it.
  7. Change to Ya! or YaNow! and drop the Yahoo! Do they even know what a Yahoo is? I think not.
  8. Jamesbrah

Jamesbrah Newcomer, in training

'YaNow!'

Are you actually serious? That's horrid.
  9. BlackMoonWolf

BlackMoonWolf TechSpot Member

We still like it. You wouldn't believe how many people within the company use it as a ring tone in their smartphones. LOL
  10. Who in the world cares about Yahoo's logo? Its "chief marketing officer" and her drones perhaps, but no-one else gives a damn. And the only thing they're good at is stripping conventional meaning from words such as renewed, sense and purpose.

Corporate ballyhoo!
  11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,970   +729

There's nothing wrong with Google but there's nothing great about it either. I'll switch to Yahoo! if I find it worth it. A change is as good as a holiday.

12. Skidmarksdeluxe

We haven't seen it yet. I'll reserve judgement for when I finally see it.
    cliffordcooley and MilwaukeeMike like this.
  13. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 454   +54

Like other corporate logos, it'll probably be some boring sans-serif typeface that has no soul. Their new Mail is slow and broken. What is Yahoo! going to destroy next?
  14. JC713

Oh so those are just designs. I thought they decided on that plain one. If so, it is just another bland logo. This is the same logo situation that occurred with Spotify. They went from a fun logo to a boring, "serious" logo.
  15. Skidmarksdeluxe

Going from flashy to plain seems to be the fashion, not that Yahoo!'s logo was ever flashy. I like what Marissa Mayer is doing with Yahoo so far.
  16. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,823   +1,435

You mean like Microsoft did with the new Windows Logo?
    <sarcasm>It can't be all that bad if Microsoft did it.</sarcasm> lol
    JC713 likes this.
  17. JC713

I kind of like the MS logo. That is the one logo change that I actually looks awesome. Along with Spotify.
  18. Just changing fonts isn't exactly breath-taking news. It seems like they're trying to imitate Google's success with their "Doodles," but without the unique and entertaining games, music, and animations they often contain. Meh - I still use Yahoo! for mail, and I sometimes look at the news, but just putting up a new font every day is, well...un-yodel-worthy.
  19. Half related: I'm giving up on Yahoo mail. First, their service sucks. It even sucked when I had a paid email account. Once I had to change mail servers, and my mail client just found an empty inbox. I had to get my old emails from a backup. So I gave up on the paid account, but even free, Yahoo is not worth the price. And since they also aren't really protecting my email, I'm giving them the boot. It'll be a PITA, since I've used that account for at least 15 years.

And no, not "good luck to them". Yahoo's plan is more and more to produce hot air and leech on the masses.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.