TechSpot

Yandex releases browser to challenge Google, maintain market share

By Shawn Knight
Oct 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Russian-based Internet search engine Yandex have released their own web browser in an effort to compete with Google and defend its market share. The browser is based on the WebKit platform and Google's Chromium code and also borrows components from...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,947   +577

Google vs Yandex - the new cold war!

By the way, for those unaware, the meaning of "Yandex" is "I Index", in Russian, apple-mania in disguise... those sneaky f. Russians...

treetops likes this.
  3. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 566   +105

If you do a search, does the KGB comes to your home and say "VEE VILL ASK DE QUESTIONS!"

4. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 734   +230

Opera is actually #1 somewhere? Amazing.

5. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 391   +73

I don't trust the Russians.

6. I trust the Chinese (Maxthorn or what) even less. It is either the communist party watching your browsing, or the mafia.

7. Khanonate

Khanonate TS Member Posts: 96   +8

In Russia, no one mentions KGB or Gulag for all of you!

8. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Enthusiast Posts: 195   +24

In mother Russia, you don't ask Yandex questions, it ask you!

Darkshadoe likes this.
  9. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

I don't trust Chinese browsers. Don't think I trust the Russian ones much either. And I still don't trust Google Chrome.

10. Russia catching up in the software market. Good to see that. I admire the Russians and their technolgy.

11. RajeGera

RajeGera TS Rookie Posts: 50

Its pretty much alike chrome only..

12. Nero7

Nero7 TS Rookie Posts: 45   +6

Excellent browser so far. I wonder if all the usa kids commentign here forgot who has modern KZ in Cuba and Abu Ghraib. If anyone the russians are more to be trusted than the americans and europeans. on top of that since we don't live there who cares about what they know they have no say where we are.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.