Yeah this is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

phper

Yep... I love computers, I'm wicked nice with my PC and I'm not any amateur with PC's I do my own repairs etc. I think it's funny, Vista constantly gives me 'Physical Dump' problems *BSOD* and then I gotta reboot, but only does this when I'm idle... so I temp fixed that and then Windows ran slow, so I used Tweak Vista and it messed my PC up more, so I formatted and now it seems my PC runs horrid... hooray for technology.

Anyone have any ideas? Windows keeps saying its my CPU or RAM but its bs since my system is practically brand new and can handle games all day w/o problems. My heat is fine as well, and I have all new drivers/updates...

Using Windows Vista Premium Home - Yes I know vista is horrid but I like it, other then the fact it keeps giving me these problems... Also can anyone forward me to a tweak guide for Vista?

You have a hardware incompatiblity with Vista. Your RAM may not be compatible with your motherboard. Have you made sure that the memory timings and voltages are correct for your model memory? Never say something is BS before you actually find out for sure! This could be caused by bad drivers. Sometimes an older Vista driver works better and more stable than the newest driver. Are you updated to Vista SP1?

mm

I've got every Vista driver to date, I've tried old ones as well. I'll download CPU-Z right now to check my CPU/RAM etc. and all of my hardware according to the manufacturers is Vista Certified and Compatible. My RAM is most deffinately compatible, I've allready checked with people using the same combo.

Also I keep getting memory dump screens and I tested my RAM it came out fine... so I'm guessing it's a Vista incompatiblity in some area, someone told me a tutorial on how to change Maximum and Minimum RAM settings in Vista anyone know what I'm talking about?

Also according to CPU-Z this is my readings:
Core Voltage: 1.248v and it keeps fluctuating to 1.288v - is this bad? it never goes under 1.240v and never goes over 1.288v.
Memory Timings: 5/6/5/15/19 @ 2T

Everything seems fine, but is my voltage fluctuating too much? or is it fine if its @ 1.2xxVolts?
I'm using Corsair Value Select DDR2-667, not sure the timings if someone could help me out X_X
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=85016-47&prodlist=celebros - Thats my RAM.

I've used 2 power supplys so far, my old Antec 300 watt and now I'm using a new Antec 380w which I only upgraded to power my HD3850 and X2 CPU... So I hardly think that's the problem, plus I have no freezing and no studdering, just random slowdown and sometimes apps open slow with lots of CPU usage and I get memory dump error almost everytime I idle my PC...

I don't see how throwing the assumption of a PSU at the matter would solve it?

You came here for help, but you like to argue too. You admit that your "perfect system" has a problem, but you are not willing to take advice. I have an Antec Earthwatts 380 in my system that came with the case. I'm not so sure that it is good enough either...

Good luck

I like to argue? because you're wrong lol, elitists on these boards make me crackup. I'm looking for actual help, not some nub that thinks he knows everything. I never said my system is perfect hence why I made this topic nuttjob. Does anyone know where to find the RAM utlilization controls in Vista?

nvm found it, fixed my memory dump problems for now ;), just wondering how to speed up Vista and still in request of tweaking vista guides.

" I'm wicked nice with my PC and I'm not any amateur with PC's I do my own repairs etc. I think it's funny"...

What exactly does "wicked nice" mean?

Some of the Vista "tweaks" work, some do not work so well... I've been running Vista Home Premium for 6 months now. Have you listed your systems specs? Motherboard, memory, hard drives, CPU? CPU voltages fluctuating still?

I'm no pro at Vista operating system, but I am a very good PC enthusiast. I have my specs listed in my profile where most people do. Yes my CPU voltages are fluctuating, but I heard that it fluctuating 1.24v - 1.28v is not that bad? Wicked Nice to my PC means that I take good care of it.

good point, now can you help me instead of critisizing? it's starting to make me judge whether anyone here knows anything, since all you can do is moch instead of help X_X.

Your profile is basic... no specs are included there. What did you do to get rid of your BSOD's?

"I am a very good PC enthusiast"...

Most PC enthusiasts know little or nothing about PC hardware troubleshooting... or how to post their specs :)

That is my bad, I thought this was the Vista forums X_X I have my specs on that...

HD3850
Antec 380w
2GB DD2 667
X2 3800+ AM2

I know a lot of PC hardware and trouble shooting, so get off that X_X.

I went into advanced system tools and changed the initial and maximum RAM load, to fix my BSOD.

What motherboard are you running?

"I know a lot of PC hardware and trouble shooting, so get off that X_X"...

Really? So why are we having so much trouble getting the proper info out of you? Afterall, I am not standing next to you, am I? Can I see your physical system? No

I explained myself enough allready if you want to compare e-peens we can, other then that you havn't provided one bit of info as to make you seem at all computer feesable.

MSI K9VGM-V motherboard.

Yeah,
we got everything pretty much covered... Your system is good, plenty good for Vista. I go Intel, you go AMD. I like your motherboard choice too

phper said:
I explained myself enough allready if you want to compare e-peens we can, other then that you havn't provided one bit of info as to make you seem at all computer feesable.

MSI K9VGM-V motherboard.

You sound like you read "A clockwork Orange" once too often. It's a great read but the style is just a little too flip (even by my standards) for a forum.

Did you ever figure out how to burn an ISO file? Or how to run Memtest?

If I was of a mind to make a diagnosis I'd say, you're full of s***, and it's full of spyware. But of course, good taste prevents me from doing so.

Rudeness will only get you so far here, so please refrain from continuing this anywhere else. Thread closed with a warning to those members who are stepping on rules boundaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back