Yellow exclamation mark on my WiFi adapter

Delshad

Hello, ive recently bought a Wimax 5350 for my laptop, but it didn't support it so I bought a adapter for the mini pcie wifi adapter to add it in my pc, everything went fine until I stummbled across the drivers. I did install the driver but it only shows on the device mananger with a yellow exlamation mark. Is it the drivers fault or is it hardware realated? Hope you guys can help me.

Thank you very much !

What are your system specs (OS [32bit or 64bit], CPU, etc)? What version of the driver are you running? Are you able to use the internet? Finally, can you take a screenshot of the device page in the device manager by going to device manager, collapsing the "Network Adapters" tab and right clicking on the network adapter and pressing properties. Can you take a screenshot of that properties tab?

Windows Ultimate x64
Intel core i7 930 2.8Ghz
12GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Motherboard: Asustek Computer p6t7 ws Supercomputer

, Yes I do have internet access.

I first tried the [FONT=Verdana]Intel PRO/Wireless and WiFi Link Drivers 15.2.0 Win7 64-bit[/FONT]
and it installed it with the yellow exlamation mark but then I found a newer version the [FONT=Verdana]Intel PRO/Wireless and WiFi Link Drivers 15.8.0 Win7 64-bit[/FONT]
but this one didn't want to install.

Hope this all information you wanted . Thanks

Attachments

• Namnlös.png
    Namnlös.png
    215.7 KB · Views: 6
@Delshad

fyi... We're all volunteers here on TechSpot. So, we're not prepared to provide one-on-one help support in private conversations. (Looks like you got my reply to your request for help as I see you've posted in the forums (y) )

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next TechSpot post

Yeah about that sorry, didn't know that. My first time, but took your advise :D
But here is the report.

I posted a reply to jc713 but it is waiting for a moderator approval , dont know for what reason :/

Attachments

• Report.txt
    244 bytes · Views: 9
Windows Ultimate x64
Intel core i7 930 2.8Ghz
12GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Motherboard: Asustek Computer p6t7 ws Supercomputer

, Yes I do have internet access.

I first tried the Intel PRO/Wireless and WiFi Link Drivers 15.2.0 Win7 64-bit
and it installed it with the yellow exlamation mark but then I found a newer version thethe Intel PRO/Wireless and WiFi Link Drivers 15.8.0 Win7 64-bit
but this one didn't want to install.

Hope this all information you wanted . Thanks

Remove the drivers and don't delete them. Reboot the system and let Windows rebuild the drivers.

Tired all of the methods you mentioned and still getting the same yellow exlamation mark, maybye the wifi card itself is not compatabile with my motherboard or it is only compatible with laptops? Because I tried the driver utility and got the lastest Intel PRO/Wireless and WiFi Link drivers 15.8 and they didnt work it just shuts down unlike the 15.2 version it seeks out the wifi adapter and installs it with the yellow exlamation mark :/

Is this the OEM hardware or did you add this WiFi hardware which is not tested on your device. BIOS has to be compatible.
wifi_5350.jpg

Below I had added TP-LINK MiniPCI WiFi 802.11n card adapter to HP laptop shown below and it gave me the same issue you are having. Verdit was was not going to work.
354191029.jpg

Also tried the same idea inside D-LINK DIR-655 A3 Hardware, which worked!
354191047.jpg

I guess it seems to be the problem, as I mentioned I used a pcie to mini pcie adapter and added a laptop wifi card the 5350 wifi link, and maybye it is not compatible with the pc bios and only laptop bios?

this is what I used.

Attachments

• Mini-PCI-E-to-PCI-E-Wireless-Adapter-Converter-LAN-WiFi-with-3-Antenna-1-Shielding.jpg_350x350.jpg
    Mini-PCI-E-to-PCI-E-Wireless-Adapter-Converter-LAN-WiFi-with-3-Antenna-1-Shielding.jpg_350x350.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 4
Well does not matter anymore,I did order an other wifi card, the 5300 wifi link and it works now, but will post a picture anyways soon.

Great! Glad you found it working now with the right hardware installed. Pictures are always great to share and see what your working with.;)

The images were to big to upload on imageshack or the forum, so I looked for another way, the wifi link wimax 5350 was the one I had problem with , the other one half mini pcie is the 5300 wifi link and works like a charm. Hope the forum benefits from these :D and thank you guys for helping!

https://picstocloud.com/55emrr/

I see you made some mod changes to what you had. Now I see what you were doing! Okay have fun! ;)

Back