TechSpot

Yet another DirectX 9 problem

By Christian99
Dec 1, 2008
  1. Hi everybody.

Before I decide to either destroy or sell my pc. I might just ask for help. I can play games like crysis and warheads and all the new games. But I cant install older games. I always liked Godfather and Most wanted. but when I install them they say I need directx 9c.

I have directx 9c. Thats what is so puzzeling to me. To be more precise i have version 4.09.0000.0904. I dont know much about pc's, I'm more into engines. All my other games work without any problems but I just cant get those 2 games to install. I downloaded directx 9 nov 2008. installed it but it still said I have the version 4.09.0000.0904 and still cant install the 2 games. Please help!

oh. and I did format the pc and reinstalled windows and tried installing the new directx but it did nothing

I guess I also need to give more info on the pc. its XP and 9600 series GForce 4 gig ram.. or 3.5gig thanks to XP

so nobody knows how to fix it?

2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,398   +169

3. Christian99

Christian99 Banned Topic Starter

ok. im gonna see if it helps! thanks a lot.

you guys wont believe what happend to me today. I tried to install call of duty. then all of a sudden I hear a snapping noise. i open the cd drive and the cd was in pieces. after i get the drive toclose i cant get it to open. luckily i have 2. lol

yippy! it worked! im installing Godfather! Thanks a lot! Now lets hope the same thing works with most wanted. I wonder if I should copy all the CD's to the HD.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.