Yet another infostear.gampass virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you could've guessed, i am another one of those people with the Trojan, infostealer.gampass. Although the past week or two, i've learned a bit about computers, getting off-topic from reading forums like these, but now i need help, as i still consider myself a neanderthal around computers. I will gladly post a log, or whatever, as long as you do what it is you do, to help me fix my computer. I've ignored the virus for several months, as it was described as only stealing online gaming passwords, but i ignored it as i have not gamed in a fair while. Now, i have my suspicions that it has found my itunes account password, and luckily i change my password regularly now, and nothing has been charged to my charge card. Help would be appreciated but keep it fairly simple if you would, as i said i am not totally computer 'savvy'

Please follow the Steps set up here:https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

When you have finished, please attach all three of the logs.

NOTE: in both Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware, there is a line reminding you to check for the removal of the items>> be sure to check that in both programs. We'll review the HijackThis logs for bad entries- don't remove anything there until we direct you to.

I've ignored the virus for several months, as it was described as only stealing online gaming passwords,
NOT good. Change ALL of your passwords!

FYI: Infostealer.Gampass
Infostealer.Gampass is a Trojan that monitors and records user’s keystrokes and scans his or her computer for stored passwords.

Once executed, the Trojan may copy itself with a random name in the %Windir% directory.
Next, it may add a value to one of the following registry subkeys so that it runs every time Windows starts:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

It may then drop randomly named DLL files in the %System% directory.
It also may log keystrokes when users log into various online games and send them to a predetermined email address or web site.

The Trojan may drop the following malware on to the compromised computer:
* Downloader
* Hacktool.Rootkit
Source: Symantec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back