Yet another Sims 2 Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I have the Sims 2 and a good number of expansions: University, Nightlife, Seasons, Open for Business, Pets, and Bon Voyage. Everything installed fine without out a problem. But when I try to run it I get the Directx 9.0 error stating that I do not have Directx 9.0 or a compatible video device.

My System:
Gateway FX 7805u Laptop
4gb DDR3 RAM
Centrino 2: 2.26 dual core P8400 chip set
GeForce 9800 GTS 1gb card
320gb HD

I'm running:
Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit
Directx 10

Directx Diag tool claims I have:
Nvidia GeForce 9800 gts
Integrated RAMDAC
2799 mb (Graphics card)

What I've tried:
Updating card drivers
Updating Directx (From Microsoft)
Reinstalling Directx
Reinstalling The Sims 2

I've checked everything I can find online, I see people having the problem but nothing has been able to resolve mine. I don't know what else to try, Maxis claims that Sims 2 is Vista compatible but maybe it's not 64 bit compatible? Or maybe it's this graphics card? Or maybe it's because I have Directx 10...I'm at a lose. Thanks for your help and input.

the specs may be too high! the sims 2 is quite old now. Sims 3 is out next month. see if their are any patches or updates for the game. try downgrading to directx 9

Is the graphics driver for a 64 bit OS? Nvidia advises to disable your antivirus before installing the graphics driver. Try that if you haven't already.

Yeah, technically it is the 64 bit driver but all that Nvidia has is the beta 64 bit driver for this card model. So I did download it and try it but it hasn't made a difference, I tried it first without the 64 bit driver though and it still didn't work. Thanks though :-\

OK so I have the Sims 2 Apartment life and I've already installed it and the computer acts like the disc isn't even there! There are no scratches, it plays spore, I've tried restarting the computer and clicking on the icon. I get the screen that has the play button then all it does is tells me to insert the "original disc" and the disc is in there!!! What is wrong?? Help me.

I also own double deluxe and teen stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back