yet another windows crash problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctlfreak

hello all. i frequent these boards whenever i have problems but never signed up until now. unfortunatly its not for the best reasons. i am having a problem with windows 2000 rebooting, generally when i am sleeping and nothing is happening on the computer.

my computer has a new mother board and processor. other than that the most recent edition is a sound card.

i find this in my event viewer afterwards

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xe347bea0, 0x00000001, 0x8046a91d, 0x00000001). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini090605-01.dmp.

side note, i am downloading the viewer for opening the dump files and i will post the contents here when finished. any and all help/ideas/comments/anything apperciated.

the log file can be viewed at http://www.optikstudios.com/AStest/debuglog.txt

errr this is stil;l happening and getting slightly mroe frequent. if anyone has any ideas please i beg of you let me know. not trying to troll just figured id bump instead of creating a new topic

its a new year, same problem. if anyone has a heart please post something. lie to me tell me to format it agian. bad ram i dont care. even thouugh the rams new and the hd is recently formatted. say something please

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The bugcheck of 50 means.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thank you so much, ive been pulling my hair out for months. im checking the link now, although the ram thing i have done. even bought a new stick. to try. still had crashing problems.

i also added a new video card to it over christmas, thanks to granny on that one, and its obviously still doing it. i hope its not forward of me to assume that the video card and ram can be ruled out from that.

im leaning toward antivirus software after reading that, i installed panda shortly before i noticed this happening. but i updated many things at the same time so i dunno, thanks agian for your response

You might also want to create a new page file. You can find instructions on how to do this, further down in the link I gave you. Reply #11.

Please be aware, that some faulty ram can pass memtest86+.

Regards Howard :)

thanks agian, the memory was tested by taking it out and leaving it running a few days, i tried chips individually and together, even bought new ram thinking they might both be bad,

my page file for windows is already on another drive i beileive. im going to check agian though. a friend of mine did it a while back, he also set adobes for me, niether or on the same drive as each other also, both or on the same ohysical drive as thier installs just diff partitions.

or atleast thats what he said he was gonna do. i intend on double checking now.

thanks agian for the speedy response. i hated to troll my topic but it had gotten so far back on the site i felt i had no choice if anyone will see it.

i dont mean that in a rude way, but it looked rude to me so i thought id clarify .

No problem with bumping your thread. There`s only a problem when people start bumping threads after a few hours.

i tried to reset my page file, didnt help. ive also uninstalled my anitvirus and firewall, both to no avial. if you have any more tips im open. ive currently going thru that thread trying everything i can.

im tempted to thrash this thing and start over

i would go to your bois and disable your power saving features, shut them all off,

shut off wake on lan, and all that.

also check your windows settings, and disable it shutting off your monitor and hard disks, see if that changes anything.

also, are you sure u have the right ram? some boards only support certain speeds and pin color of ram. if your using the wrong stuff, even though its new, it could cause problems.

are you overclocked at all?

i uploaded a rar of my minidumps, last 4 only ones in there. they are still dmp files i can run the windows dmp reader and output text if anyone wants.

http://www.optikstudios.com/AStest/Minidump.rar

everythings turned off, i dont run the powersaving features, ive checked bios and its off there.

im using the ram that was recommended in my user manual, not teh brand but the speeds and what not. and my machine is not overclocked

1 of your minidumps crashes with memory corruption. Faulty ram?

1 crashes at VIDEOPRT.SYS. This is the Microsoft Corporation Video Port Driver.

2 crash at ntoskrnl.exe. This is the Windows Microsoft Up Kernel.

3 minidumps have a bugcheck of 0A and 1 has a bugcheck of 50.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Faulty ram is probably the culprit.

well thats lame :( i guess ill be taking this ram back and investing in a decent name brand, i should have learned a lesson long ago, anything with value in the title cant be that great. well ill get new ram and hopefully this will stop.

is there anything i should worry about with the other crashes you mentioned? or would they also be tied to ram issues? this is really an annoying problem, as im sure you can imagen.

thanks agian for takin the tim eto look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back