6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Graduate School

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
By cfitzarl
Oct 25, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. I love finding out information about people (which explains my major xD), so I thought this might be interesting to other people, especially since it would allow members to discuss and realize connections they have with other members (of the same major/track). Also, if you are aiming at a certain degree (like a D.C.S, M.S., ph.D.), say that as well.

I'm guessing that many of you will either be Computer Science / Information Systems majors, but hopefully there will be a few people of various degrees and specializations :p .

Anyway, I'm working on my B.A. in Psychology.

I'm *aiming* at either medical school for psychiatry or a Psy.D./ph.D. program in clinical psychology, which my current university is known for (they have a good Psy.D. program).

2. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,378   +127

Incomplete high school education!
    Maybe a poll is in order?

3. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,520   +9

I can't add a poll now that someone has posted.

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,685   +333

I graduated from a small high school that left me pretty unprepared for college. After some initial struggles in college I completed it.

1998-2003 B.S. Geology & Geophysics, Emphasis: Groundwater and Environmental Geochemistry
    2003-2004 M.S. Engineering Management
    2008-2011? PhD Geology & Geophysics, Shallow field CO2 Sequestration

Although right now I don't know if I'm going to be able to complete the PhD.

5. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,398   +169

B.S. (1974) and M.S. (1977). Both in Computer Science at Northwestern University

6. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,171   +37

My Motto: Well Educated but Broke

7. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

BS in Engineering Management, with emphasis in Computer Engineering.

However now that I am out of school I am not using hardly any of my coursework for my job!

8. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 2,062   +8

Cool.

A very happy birthday!

Complete it now.

Don’t put it off.

9. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +237

B.A. in Anthropology.

10. WinXPert

WinXPert TS Booster Posts: 527

BS Chemical Engineering (MIT)
    and some Computer Courses wayback when 8" floppy drives were state-of-the-art.

11. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

Ongoing BS in Electical Engineering, with a Concentration in Communications.

12. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,685   +333

Its not my choice, my proposal has to be approved by the faculty, I then have to defend it to their satisfaction, and there is also a qualifying exam that I would have to pass. None of those are easy.

13. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

Good luck with it mate; I'm sure you will get it soon. :)

14. ravisunny2

Immerse youself.

Get comfy.

Then it's a breeze.:) (Unless someone is pissed off)

15. ravisunny2

B.Tech., Mechanical, IIT (combined engr. & tech.)
    M.S., Engr. Mechanics
    M.S., Mathematics

WinXPert, is that MIT as in "The Massachusetts Institute of Technology" ?

16. AntiMoronic

AntiMoronic TS Rookie Posts: 29

Yep, incomplete high school education...yet I own my own business turning over a hefty profit...go figure. Get out of the system while you can. You're just wasting your time.

17. WinXPert

WinXPert TS Booster Posts: 527

@ravisunny2

Mapua Institute of Technology (Philippines)

18. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,520   +9

It's more of a personal preference as to what education people seek. I'm not completing my B.A. and then aiming at my Psy.D. just because I have to - I'm doing it because I want to.

Also, have you ever seen the correlation of income averages with education graphed out? It's astounding:

[​IMG]

Then again, not everyone aims at a high income.

19. mailpup

Amen to that. There are no guarantees in life and there are also plenty of exceptions but overall, IMHO, you are better off with more education than without it.

20. ravisunny2

Right on the dot, mailpup.

21. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Grade 12 here, no idea where to go from here. I'm "university bound" as far as my marks and courses but I don't know if that's what I want...

It's too confusing :(

22. mailpup

Even if you aren't too hot on the idea at the moment, stick it out if you can. More education gives you more options later.

23. yangly18

yangly18 TS Rookie Posts: 242

unfortuanatly all I have completed at this point is high school. Dont get me wrong though, I am working on my college degree in radio technologies. Greatest thing about the armed forces is the ability to do a job you love and get free college certificate out of it.

24. woody80z28

woody80z28 TS Rookie

I completed my associates degree in graphic design at MVCC. I also got a "certificate" for my two years of vocational studies in high school at BOCES.

25. tomdotcom

tomdotcom TS Rookie

im in college, although its different in the uk to us, im am 19 and in my 3rd year of college on my 2nd year of the course (swapped courses after first year) doing interactive media. hoping to go and do graphic design at uni next september.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.