Votes: 2 13.3%
  • College

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Graduate School

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
T

tifc8lraz

I love finding out information about people (which explains my major xD), so I thought this might be interesting to other people, especially since it would allow members to discuss and realize connections they have with other members (of the same major/track). Also, if you are aiming at a certain degree (like a D.C.S, M.S., ph.D.), say that as well.

I'm guessing that many of you will either be Computer Science / Information Systems majors, but hopefully there will be a few people of various degrees and specializations :p .

Anyway, I'm working on my B.A. in Psychology.

I'm *aiming* at either medical school for psychiatry or a Psy.D./ph.D. program in clinical psychology, which my current university is known for (they have a good Psy.D. program).

I graduated from a small high school that left me pretty unprepared for college. After some initial struggles in college I completed it.

1998-2003 B.S. Geology & Geophysics, Emphasis: Groundwater and Environmental Geochemistry
2003-2004 M.S. Engineering Management
2008-2011? PhD Geology & Geophysics, Shallow field CO2 Sequestration

Although right now I don't know if I'm going to be able to complete the PhD.

BS in Engineering Management, with emphasis in Computer Engineering.

However now that I am out of school I am not using hardly any of my coursework for my job!

BS Chemical Engineering (MIT)
and some Computer Courses wayback when 8" floppy drives were state-of-the-art.

Complete it now.

Don’t put it off.

Its not my choice, my proposal has to be approved by the faculty, I then have to defend it to their satisfaction, and there is also a qualifying exam that I would have to pass. None of those are easy.

Its not my choice, my proposal has to be approved by the faculty, I then have to defend it to their satisfaction, and there is also a qualifying exam that I would have to pass. None of those are easy.

Immerse youself.

Get comfy.

Then it's a breeze.:) (Unless someone is pissed off)

B.Tech., Mechanical, IIT (combined engr. & tech.)
M.S., Engr. Mechanics
M.S., Mathematics

WinXPert, is that MIT as in "The Massachusetts Institute of Technology" ?

Yep, incomplete high school education...yet I own my own business turning over a hefty profit...go figure. Get out of the system while you can. You're just wasting your time.

Yep, incomplete high school education...yet I own my own business turning over a hefty profit...go figure. Get out of the system while you can. You're just wasting your time.

It's more of a personal preference as to what education people seek. I'm not completing my B.A. and then aiming at my Psy.D. just because I have to - I'm doing it because I want to.

Also, have you ever seen the correlation of income averages with education graphed out? It's astounding:

Education_Median_Income.png

Then again, not everyone aims at a high income.

A very happy birthday!

cfitzarl said:
I'm doing it because I want to.
Amen to that. There are no guarantees in life and there are also plenty of exceptions but overall, IMHO, you are better off with more education than without it.

Grade 12 here, no idea where to go from here. I'm "university bound" as far as my marks and courses but I don't know if that's what I want...

It's too confusing :(

Even if you aren't too hot on the idea at the moment, stick it out if you can. More education gives you more options later.

unfortuanatly all I have completed at this point is high school. Dont get me wrong though, I am working on my college degree in radio technologies. Greatest thing about the armed forces is the ability to do a job you love and get free college certificate out of it.

I completed my associates degree in graphic design at MVCC. I also got a "certificate" for my two years of vocational studies in high school at BOCES.

im in college, although its different in the uk to us, im am 19 and in my 3rd year of college on my 2nd year of the course (swapped courses after first year) doing interactive media. hoping to go and do graphic design at uni next september.

Back