Your most anticipated games for 2006

By Chamot
Dec 20, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2006 sounds a bit low on the number of games announced till now (at least for the PC, I have no idea about the consoles). Apart from Oblivion and Rise of Legends I can't think of any upcoming popular PC game; as a simulation fan I'm also waiting for Lock On: Black Shark and Silent Hunter IV, but that's all the PC titles I'm waiting for in 2006 that comes to my mind. There are others I'm watching for now, but I don't think I've ever had so few titles that I felt really excited about. What's interesting is, Oblivion is one of my most anticipated games ever.

What games are you waiting for?
  2. meNOname

meNOname Newcomer, in training Posts: 122

2006, sounds ok for me
    but i member looking more forward to other years
    this year though my opinions

nintendo - the new zelda game,(cant go wrong there) dont plan on buying the new system but i will borrow one and play it

and being a PC gamer i am looking forward to neverwinter nights 2, RPGS, i just like and ones like that are unbeatable
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,277   +22

I'm waiting for:-
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown
    S.W.A.T. 4 - The Stetchkov Syndicate
    Company of Heroes
    The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II
    Star Wars: Empire at War
    Half Life 2: Aftermath
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Tomb Raider: Legend
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    The Godfather
    Scarface
    Commandos: Strike Force
    War of the Worlds
  4. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,120

I played Elder Scrolls III for a little while. Until I got hold of the world map and saw how insanely huge it is, it would take a year just to reach all the areas! But the graphics were awesome and it was fun walking around. I might check out Oblivion when it comes out.
    Also HL2 Aftermath. But other then that I'm not a huge gamer.
  5. spartanslayer

spartanslayer Newcomer, in training Posts: 464

Unreal Tournament 2007, Halo 3, and any other FPS games.
  6. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is the only game that i really am waiting to come out. I mean this game looks really good. Not just graphics, but with a AI system that is in its own class.

Not saying that i wont play other games, but Oblivion is the only one im really watching in 2006

Sean
  7. RD77

RD77 Newcomer, in training

Star Wars: Empire at War is all I can think of at the moment.
  8. Kev_Boy

Kev_Boy Newcomer, in training Posts: 30

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    Half Life 2: Aftermath
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Tomb Raider: Legend
    Commandos: Strike Force
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

And, ofcourse, Duke Nukem Forever... a boy can dream, right? :angel:
  9. mastronaut

mastronaut TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 185

Definately S.T.A.L.K.E.R. that one looks mint!
    Half-Life 2 Aftermath
    Has anyone heard of a RTCW2?
    I can remember reading about that somewhere,
    That would rule also...
  10. mastronaut

mastronaut TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 185

11. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,277   +22

Looks kickass man! I will definitely add it to my list of games for 2006. Wow!
  12. dady393

dady393 Newcomer, in training Posts: 21

reallt good games that are comming out!

Neverwinternights 2 and battle for middle earth 2 are going to be the coolest games
  13. meNOname

meNOname Newcomer, in training Posts: 122

i like your taste dady393, neverwinter nights is going to run the show:)
    lol

14. kens8

kens8 Newcomer, in training Posts: 57

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Neverwinter Nights 2 are the two PC games that I'm looking forward to. Black for the Xbox is looking good. And, of course, I'll have to get a 360 when Halo 3 comes out. There are some games for the PS3 that look pretty good, but I'll have to wait to get my hands on a controller. I've alway hated Playstation controllers. I don't even know what to think about the Revolution. Could be a huge innovation in gameplay, but could be a complete flop. I guess we'll see. People thought the DS's dual-screens weren't going to be used, either.
  15. osram

osram Newcomer, in training Posts: 90

Well personally i am waiting on the PC area for Spellforce 2, because the engine looks awesome compared to spellforce: shadow of dawn.. And it is a really innovative and fresh kind of game.

Ill also be glad when Dungeons and Dragons Online comes out. (Unless it might show out to be really crap in BETA.) .. but the graphics look awesome.

On the Console Side im thinking about buying an Xbox360 but not sure yet. Full-Auto looks sweet. ^^
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.