Your new PC make it or buy it?

spikester48661

tell me will you make your new PC or will go out and buy one? and if so which one will you buy?:suspiciou For me it,s all make but it,s me

I had mine custom built so I could have the best of everything. in future I may buy one. At the time I built one I had a friend who knew how to do that.

It's all about the building! I havent built one for myself in ages! Other people yes, I still use my AMD X2 6000+ still it's not bad it has 4GB of RAM, it will get recycled into a standard desktop PC eventually, as I'm really after a Intel Quad core CPU and one of them ATi x2 HD cards!

Unless I need a laptop, I would build. That's the only way to get exactly what you want. First build was a Z-80 based baby which I needed to solder myself and used a tape deck as information storage. :)

bought mine, no headache that way, come with a warranty, and if you shop around and find a good deal it can be as cheap as or cheaper than building your own.

I put together my own builds and I am not a big fan of OEM machines like Acer, Del etc. Their good for general users but I prefer to choose which parts I want to use.

Why pay someone to do it if you can do it yourself is what I say.

I bought my 5100, then just add and upgraded parts on those. I use it for home and some games
If I want to play a more graphical game and need to upgrade. I usually go to Call of Duty _____ Requirements. And look at recommended stuff, research, compare, buy ;)

I'd have to agree with what wolfsbabe said:

so I could have the best of everything

and what nazartp said:

Unless I need a laptop, I would build. That's the only way to get exactly what you want

I'd say building your own PC, but that's if you know what your doing of course!

Anything less than build is outrageous drunk talk.

Hmmm..That smell of a new motherboard manual, the stroking of that new CPU's pins (ooh lovely pins), the laydown of your case with it's wires hanging out, as though you're the surgeon, and it's time for a very personal closeup. The polish of the shiny bits, the careful moving as not to invoke hard drive failure. The satisfaction of pressing the on button, to find, SHE LIVES!...And my work for now, is done...

Of course, this is but half the story... ;)

...[ ]...Hmmm..That smell of a new motherboard manual, the stroking of that new CPU's pins (ooh lovely pins),...[ ]...
Just leave your fingers off the CPU pins, and step away from the board! Human sweat is extremely corrosive, and it doesn't take very much of it to bollix up electronic gear. Besides, didn't your mother tell you that, "stroking the pin", would cause you to go blind...? :p

Just leave your fingers off the CPU pins, and step away from the board! Human sweat is extremely corrosive, and it doesn't take very much of it to bollix up electronic gear. Besides, didn't your mother tell you that, "stroking the pin", would cause you to go blind...? :p

I know, i know, but it's just so "electrifying" when it comes to computers, don't you think?

As regards to my Mother. She told me that Santa existed once, how she could lie to me like that i'll never know. Broke my heart it did :(

As regards to my Mother. She told me that Santa existed once, how she could lie to me like that i'll never know. Broke my heart it did :(
Well now Benny, he's still there, you just can't see him....! ROFLMAO

(You did post that in the capacity of a straight man, I hope)?

(
I am going to attempt building my first one, and came here (to this forum) seeking advice!

We'll gladly help! )

Since the Pentium 4 (original) days, I've been building my own PC's. Not laptops though, those are always bags-o-tricks to assemble... no standards and so on... bummer.

Also, I've sold many of my builds. Great source of income as long as you don't sit on the parts for too long. As they say in the business: if you want to make money by investment, skip computers, become an estate agent. So it's all just a hobby really.

Back