Your Reading List

TS | Thomas

The idea of this thread would be for people to post whenever they're read a book saying what it was & a quick recommendation (love it or loathe it). Or if you want for first posts just stick up what you've read so far this year. So to get the ball rolling on this;

Age Of The Spiritual Machines
Angels & Demons - Dan Brown
Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
5x Harry Potter - JK Rowling
Remote Control - Andy McNab
Crisis Four - Andy McNab
Firewall - Andy McNab
Last Light - Andy McNab
Liberation Day - Andy McNab
Bored Of The Rings
Starship Troopers - Robert A. Heinlein
Art Of The Matrix
Bravo Two Zero - Andy McNab
Brave New World
How The Mind Works - Steven Pinker
Faranheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
Al-Qaeda - Jason Burke
Dark Winter - Andy McNab
Deep Black - Andy McNab
Silence Of The Lambs
Digital Fortress - Dan Brown

MOBY DlCK by Herman Melville

It is about a whaling ship, it's crew and a whale..

I have read too many books to recommend, but here is a short list to get going. :)

Anything by Ray Bradbury is usually a good choice, in my opinion.
Mein Kampf - Adolf Hitler (I am a history junkie, so I naturally had to read this).
Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson
I am also a big fan of Stephen King novels.
The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien
The Redwall series - Brian Jacques

Also, I will be editing my post as I think of different books that I wouldn't mind recommending to people.

Far too many books read this year, but the most memorable have been:-

"Word Of Honour" by Nelson De Mille
"The World As I See It" by Albert Einstein
"Night's Dawn" trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton
"Nicholas Nickleby" by Charles Dickens
"Great Expectations" by Dickens
"Bleak House" by Dickens
"The Matewix" by Charlie Hamilton Jones
"Dragon's Egg" by Robert L. Forward

and looking forward to "The Third Chronicles of Thomas Covenant"

I've been reading and re-reading the Ringworld books by Larry Niven. I picked up Ringworld probably back in 1972. Now there are 4 books that I know of in the series.

Any books by Clive Cussler.
Well written adventure-stories with a bit of almost-believable historic facts twisted in (or not, make up your own mind)
Some of his "claims": Abe Lincoln was not murdered in the theatre, that was a double. The real Lincoln was sent as a prisoner onboard the confederate "ironclad" Texas, which was later found in Africa, in a dried-out side-arm of the Niger river. The ship originally contained the confederate gold. Lincoln's dessicated body (with those of the crew) was still onboard when the ship was found. His body is supposed to have been transported back and buried at the base in front of his Monument in Washington DC.
One of Cussler's characters "found" Jule Verne's "Nautilus" intact near the Hudson River.
One of Cussler's characters "discovered" the remains of the famous Library of Alexandria, somewhere in Texas.

My favourite writer, together with Robert Ludlum.

Currently im reading "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson.
A brilliant math book.

Also i read Robert Ludlum (who doesnt ;) ) and the regular Dutch books (im from holland).

Back