TechSpot

YouTube, ABC News partner to stream US presidential debates live

By Shawn Knight
Oct 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. YouTube has announced plans to stream all three US presidential debates between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney live. The video sharing service will also stream the vice presidential debate live from their Elections Hub – part of the politics channel...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,970   +586

Something tells me that either Mr. Obama has supreme confidence in beating his opponent, or this broadcast will be a fix, carefully dressed up as a real debate.

Otherwise it is doubtful such broadcast would be sanctioned.

Open debates tend to become hysterical sometimes, and USA wouldn't want that out before the entire world. That's why I'm skeptical in it being genuine.

3. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 310   +62

That is assuming it has to be sanctioned at all. Nobody can tell YouTube they can't do it. Like it or not, its a free country.

4. VitalyT

Not till the government has something to say about it. Google won't put out anything against the White House will.

When it comes to the high politics, democracy is what the government tells you it is :)

5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 974   +99

''Two shits still equal to a ****''

Anyway, Romney and ***** and Obama a lesser *****.

6. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 310   +62

Nahh, its a fun conspiracy theory, but it'd be a disaster in real life. Besides how easily someone could say that big companies run the nation more than the government, the fallout for intimidating a company into not broadcasting something that they have every right to would be horrific. And to take that much risk for something that gets broadcasted anyways? Doesn't make sense

7. VitalyT

You look at it from the wrong angle, in terms of hostility, while in reality government and blue chips deal in favors. Call it conspiracy, if you like, but it's just inevitable, both sides are too big not to respect each other's interests.

In case of disagreements taking place, corporations simply spread overseas, naming it globalization and diversification.

8. Aww, I always find it so cute when people think they know something about politics :)

9. VitalyT

Must be another fan of The West Wing :) :) :)

This one is good ;)

ReederOnTheRun and Darkshadoe like this.
  10. Too bad the wings are left and right

11. VitalyT

Planes have also tail wings ;)

P.S. In the meantime, I would suggest to drop whatever it is you are smoking at the moment ;)

12. Please, dont let me stop you, I enjoy a good conspiracy theory. Im sure Obama will fix the debate. so, please, pass me what your smoking

13. VitalyT

To be calling a common sense in political arena a conspiracy theory one needs to be missing in one of those or both ;) So it's ok, you can keep on smoking...

14. Break out the tea bags and aluminum foil, Obama's gonna be on youtube...

15. VitalyT

I'm saving popcorn :)

Funny that if Obama asks his minions, like - so what did people post in response to the video? It will be trolled like hell :)

16. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Yay. Commence the jelly!

17. VitalyT

I'm taking my words back about the things I suspected about the debate. After watching it I know the truth now. One of the debate participants is a muppet. I will not point out out who, to avoid political repercussions.

One sympathizes.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.