YouTube clamps down on conspiracy theory videos linking 5G to Covid-19 following live...

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! YouTube has changed its policy regarding conspiracy videos that falsely connect the Covid-19 outbreak with 5G networks. The service had previously reduced recommendation for what it described as “borderline content,” but it is now banning and deleting the clips.

Claims that 5G technology is somehow responsible for Covid-19 or can suppress people’s immune systems have been spreading on social media for months. In the UK, believers set at least seven cell towers alight last week, leading to condemnation from the country’s politicians. The culture secretary ordered social media firms to clamp down on the conspiracy theories, and while Facebook said it was already removing groups encouraging attacks on masts, YouTube, which has never been one for deleting such videos, said it would only reduce their recommendations.

The BBC reports that the Google-owned firm changed its stance following a live-streamed interview with conspiracy theorist David Icke yesterday, in which he said there was “a link between 5G and this health crisis.” When asked for his reaction to the cell tower arson, he said: "If 5G continues and reaches where they want to take it, human life as we know it is over... so people have to make a decision."

Icke, best known for his belief that the world is run by giant shape-shifting lizards, also claimed any Covid-19 vaccine would include "nanotechnology microchips" that could control humans. He added that Bill Gates, who is helping fund vaccine research, should be jailed.

YouTube said it already removes videos that promote medically unsubstantiated methods to prevent the novel coronavirus. “Now any content that disputes the existence or transmission of Covid-19, as described by the WHO and local health authorities is in violation of YouTube policies,” a spokeswoman told the BBC. “This includes conspiracy theories which claim that the symptoms are caused by 5G.”

Repeat offenders will be prevented from using YouTube’s Live tool, face being demonetized, and could even have their channel deleted if they continue to break the rules.

Around 65,000 people watched the now-removed David Icke interview. YouTube said it is allowing the host to keep the earnings generated via the Super Chats tool, but would be giving its cut of the proceeds to charity, and the channel is now under review.

Fact-checking charity Full Fact writes that there is no evidence linking 5G networks to the novel coronavirus, something scientists have called biologically impossible, but conspiracy fans will say: “that’s what they want you to believe.”

Permalink to story.

#1 The reality is that the hatred towards 5G is being driven mostly by the US government because China is in a better position to capitalize and control it than the US is. That's the real bottom line.

#2 I've been reading these stupid memes trying to link Coronavirus to 5G - as if 5G causes Covid19 deaths. Covid19 is a "virus" and can be seen under a microscope. 5G waves are radiation and can't be seen.

5G is non ionizing radiowave radiation and most likely does not cause cancer as we have far more powerful radiation around us: UV, Xray, Gamma - that do. Coming from above us 93 Million miles away from the Sun.

5G has poor building penetration and the energy is lower than the microwave in my kitchen.

#3 These people are crazy.

The reality is.....
Making up an unbelievable conspiracy theory that CAN be disproved does not prove that 5G is therefore safe

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/we-have-no-reason-to-believe-5g-is-safe/

It's the same with software

Just because you cannot prove that Windows is just a backdoored spyware platform in a Court of Law, does not in any way prove that Windows is not a backdoored spyware platform

Closed Source Code simply hides the evidence of their criminal activity

The reality is.....
Making up an unbelievable conspiracy theory that CAN be disproved does not prove that 5G is therefore safe

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/we-have-no-reason-to-believe-5g-is-safe/

Except the author of that Opinion piece found no correlation between cell phone use and cancer. He did no work, only reviewed a lot of papers in which other people did the actual work, and then twisted the analysis after the fact to make his arguments. Here's an analysis of his paper:

and the money quote:

"I’ll cut to the chase right now. This meta-analysis does not–I repeat, does not–show any correlation between cell phone use and cancer, at least not in the overall results. The authors even say so:

As shown in Figure 2, the overall use of mobile phones (use v never or rarely use) was not significantly associated with the risk of tumors in a random-effects model meta-analysis of all 23 case-control studies (odds ratio 0.98; 95% CI, 0.89 to 1.07).

Let me repeat that again. The overall meta-analysis did not find any significant association between mobile phone use and tumors."

>> David Icke also claimed a vaccine would secretly include "nanotechnology microchips"

Not strictly related to the Chinese virus per se, but this is exactly what the ID2020 alliance (with the usual suspects Gates and the UN) is about: build a biometric ID program through infant vaccination in Bangladesh [1]. Of course all in the name of giving "individuals control over their own personal information". No fear that if successful this program will not be enforced on the whole planet enabling your tracking 24h a day anywhere in real time...

[1] https://findbiometrics.com/new-id20...metric-id-program-around-infant-immunization/

So why the censure?

>> David Icke also claimed a vaccine would secretly include "nanotechnology microchips"

Not strictly related to the Chinese virus per se, but this is exactly what the ID2020 alliance (with the usual suspects Gates and the UN) is about: build a biometric ID program through infant vaccination in Bangladesh [1]. Of course all in the name of giving "individuals control over their own personal information". No fear that if successful this program will not be enforced on the whole planet enabling your tracking 24h a day anywhere in real time...

[1] https://findbiometrics.com/new-id20...metric-id-program-around-infant-immunization/

So why the censure?

Because he has no evidence. It's all empty words.

The Biometric ID you link to at least has logic behind it, using your own body patterns (fingerprints, face, temp, heart rate, breathing rate, etc.) to track you, not much different than facial recognition alone, just adding enough body patterns to ID you among 7.7 billion. Of course what they do with that information...

In a world of hackers you can not hide code open or closed.

Not Relevant

Hackers can easily find the backdoors and spyware
We can find blackmail and extortion in Microsofts Licensing "agreements" as well

Not being "allowed" to prove it is the problem
Beneficiaries of the malware (Government) will not allow the evidence we have

#1 The reality is that the hatred towards 5G is being driven mostly by the US government because China is in a better position to capitalize and control it than the US is. That's the real bottom line.

#2 I've been reading these stupid memes trying to link Coronavirus to 5G - as if 5G causes Covid19 deaths. Covid19 is a "virus" and can be seen under a microscope. 5G waves are radiation and can't be seen.

5G is non ionizing radiowave radiation and most likely does not cause cancer as we have far more powerful radiation around us: UV, Xray, Gamma - that do. Coming from above us 93 Million miles away from the Sun.

5G has poor building penetration and the energy is lower than the microwave in my kitchen.

#3 These people are crazy.

This issue remains unresolved. DOE has a couple of studies that cast doubt on this theory mainly because the concentration of antenna required to provide optimum coverage will create a concentrated signal in small spaces. Also there is a question about the reception of peripheral devices like ear plugs and could introduce this radiation, no matter how small, directly into the inner ear, which considering the habits of the modern teenager could be over 12 hours per day.

None of these are yet definitive BUT they also remain unproven for or against so for some, better safe than sorry might be the wiser choice.

By the way, if you aren't checking your microwave for leakage yearly you might want to start. The damage from a leaking microwave due to door misalignment can be very serious, especially to children and animals.

Last edited:
Anyone that possesses minimum scientific knowledge would see the link between 5G and Coronavirus as plain ludicrous. It reminds me of the Flat-earthers or the incredibly successful "Ancient Aliens" series. The question that worries me thou is what happens when the Anti-vaxxers will refuse the Coronavirus vaccine?

The question that worries me thou is what happens when the Anti-vaxxers will refuse the Coronavirus vaccine?
Being an anti-vaxxer, I'm not beyond volunteering for vaccination during an epidemic. I do however reject the notion of being vaccinated yearly just because.

I had terrible dreams prior to roll out of 5g. I saw people dying on the streets. They looked at the sky and screamed in pain pointing to cell towers.
All in all it is most likely 5g caused the covid 19. You cant fight nature folks, 5g is an abomination and must be stopped. Please sign my petition to stop the virus, stop 5g and the virus will be gone!

This is a claim. The frequencies that 5G operates in are the same frequencies of water. Isn't the body mostly made up of 70% water? That's concerning stuff. Even meteorologists are concern that 5G will interrupt weather forecasting. Whatever happened to the re-purposing of 2G and how are they using it?

Last edited:
Just like tobacco, pharma, chemical, and other companies face liabilities for the health effects of their products, isn't it time for electrical engineers to start facing theirs?

I had terrible dreams prior to roll out of 5g. I saw people dying on the streets. They looked at the sky and screamed in pain pointing to cell towers.
All in all it is most likely 5g caused the covid 19. You cant fight nature folks, 5g is an abomination and must be stopped. Please sign my petition to stop the virus, stop 5g and the virus will be gone!
You truly are the new Messiah. Tell me where I can send you money to save my soul from eternal 5G damnation!!

You truly are the new Messiah. Tell me where I can send you money to save my soul from eternal 5G damnation!!
Hold on to that brother, I still need to setup up a reliable place for donations. After all, the enemies dreaming about rollout of 5g everywhere will never be ok with me telling the truth. Be the truth will be victorious. 5g will not defeat us!

Obviously 5G isn't spreading the virus but it is not unreasonable to consider if it increases the intensity of the infection. Coronavirus is self mimicking. There are a number of studies that prove self-mimicking pathogens with a capacity to vary their presented antigens can be favored by electromagnetic waves. This includes some viruses (Flaviridiae, Hepatite C virus, dengue virus, HIV). Self-mimicking pathogens capable of antigenic variation in the host organism are particularly likely to be favored by electromagnetic waves, because these characteristics are necessary to generate epitopes that can occupy protection gaps made available by radiofrequency exposure, and thus evade recognition by the adaptive immune system.
What is more dangerous is the loss of freedom of speech and censorship. I can understand it if a video shows someone murdering people like in the Christchurch attack. But Icke is just expressing an opinion which until now he was entitled to do. So now Google aka Youtube billionaire owners suddenly care about our well being after stealing and selling our personal information for years or are they more concerned about their investment in 5G?

Back