TechSpot

YouTube launches ads that you can skip

By Emil
Dec 2, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. YouTube has officially launched its new TrueView ad format, which lets users skip ads they're not interested in. TrueView is currently only available to advertisers with managed accounts, so the format isn't all that widespread on YouTube just yet.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,369   +405

I guess not much of a surprise considering YouTube has lost money for years. It was only a matter of time before they were going to fit advertising in somehow.

3. Osiris391

Osiris391 TS Rookie

good thing this still doesnt having any impact on me. +1 for firefox adblock

4. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Maniac Posts: 482   +8

5. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

6. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,577   +47

Sounds like great news...We obviously love ads so much now that we can watch slideshows of them.

I'm personally looking forward to the Ad channel, where you can just sit and watch hours and hours of "Sale now on", "Get more with..." and ever more shite "catchy" slogans all on one tv channel.

I'de love that channel, i really would....

(Maybe sarcasm overload)

Oops, sorry, i forgot to add the sarcasm overload tag....It shall be fixed.

7. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

I can't take it! Too...much...sarcasm...!

8. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 804   +9

Um...advertising has been on YouTube for quite a while now. It's nothing new. They're just changing the format.

9. TeamworkGuy2

TeamworkGuy2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 195

That's strange because I watch youtube videos all the time and have never had an ad as far back as I can remember.
    No ads, the video just starts. Am I missing something?

10. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 804   +9

It may just be with some of the more well-known channels. Some of the more popular people.

11. Johny47

Johny47 TS Rookie Posts: 157

About time I hate adverts, I only watch a little bit of TV but I have more than enough of seeing adverts on there.

And Techspot that user above me has posted the same rubbish comment on a couple of articles I've been on, time to block I think =P

12. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Enthusiast Posts: 197   +28

The Adchannel, LOL! Man that`s jokes. Thank you for sharing.

13. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Maniac Posts: 482   +8

hahaha nice ;P

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.