YouTube launches Leanback, new mobile site

By Matthew
Jul 8, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YouTube has introduced a new way to watch videos that could encourage more users to visit the site from their living room. Called YouTube Leanback, the feature automatically plays videos in full screen mode and in a continuous fashion. When one video ends, another immediately begins to play on its own, allowing people to sit back and lose themselves in viral memes and silly pet tricks.

Read the whole story
  2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,578   +76

Looks cool, but it needs to be polish some more or tweaked.
  3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,043   +84 Staff Member

In what way?
  4. Reloader2

Reloader2 Newcomer, in training Posts: 66

"We have to disguise the Apple logo" *Camera flips to other side of computer* "Macbook Pro"
  5. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Posts: 541

Not tried it but means I will have to go through my Subscriptions and remove all the crap I subscribed too before using this. I subscribed to one channel that under my nose also sub me to something like 30 others. WTF!
  6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,286   +281

oh goodie; non-stop loading of infected videos . . . good by expensive smartphones!
  7. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Posts: 541

heh if you left it on by mistake on say mobile broadband, be hell of a bill!
  8. kyosuke

kyosuke Newcomer, in training Posts: 47

Sounds good, any Commercials / advertisement between vids?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.