TechSpot

YouTube renews agreement with Vevo alongside Google investment

By Shawn Knight
Jul 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google-owned YouTube has renewed its deal with Vevo which will allow the video-sharing website to continue to host music videos from the distributor. Vevo, which is owned by Universal Music Group, Sony Music and the Abu Dhabi Media Co., is...

Read more

2. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 974   +99

Very Evil Video Organization censoring content since forever! ;) Anyway, that is a lot of money :O

3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,189   +244

Vevo is the worst thing I have ever come across I can't believe google would actually invest and pay to get thme on youtube its pathetic talk about doing no research, plus who actually watches stuff on or from vevo? hardly anyone.

Google should be doing better than this heck why do they have the youtube partner program when they do this? next they will be paying their competitors to upload content onto youtube.

4. backo

backo TS Member Posts: 58   +8

This is very untrue. I for one use Vivo's channel, mainly because the videos there are with very good quality. Don't mistake your opinion for a fact.

5. wastedkill

Its nto very untrue now is it and its not a opinion its fact. Google could atleast pay someone like spotify to upload content to youtube atleast then a great service could expand more.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,342   +806

Now now boys. It's not important who is right or wrong. It's merely opinions. We are all entitled to them.

7. wastedkill

Until the nsa revoke them ;D

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  8. Really? Vevo is terrible and Google has ruined youtube

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.