YouTube to launch "channels" with scheduled programming

By Shawn Knight
Sep 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. YouTube will soon be delivering more than a dozen "channels" that will provide regularly scheduled programming covering topics such as sports and fashion. Parent company Google is expected to finalize…

Read the whole story
  2. Google is HUGE!!! But really what is the practicality of it when you can just turn on the T.V?
  3. Modena

Modena TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 182

I never watch tv anymore, well for football. This would be great for watching shows I like exactly when I have time to watch them.
  4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Why would they charge users for something like that? More importantly, who would pay to--what is essentially--watch T.V.?
  5. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 783   +85

I wouldn't mind watching CartoonNetwork and Boomerang since I have no cable and CN got funny and left regular cable here :/
  6. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,570   +41

Pssh if youtube obtains hulu half of hulus videos would be taken down. I like the idea but its to bad the shows will be limited by youtubes sensorship.

By the way I was assuming that these would be unique shows not rebroadcasts.
  7. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,888   +608

Wow, Google really takes the cake for coming up with ideas that I completely can't understand the demand for. it's like TV over the internet? What?! So I sacrifice my perfect HD channels with my DVR to watch on the internet with loading, buffering, (and you know commercial breaks), but I don't even get to start the show 'on demand'?! And unless i'm using an HTPC I won't have DVR capabilities to fast forward commercials and pause/rewind. AND, that still only would appeal to people who watch streamed content on their TV and not their computer.

Clearly google has too much time AND money.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.