YouTube turns five, hits two billion views per day

By Jos
May 17, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YouTube is celebrating its fifth anniversary this month with an announcement that the popular video sharing site, a subsidiary of Google, is now getting more than two billion page views per day. The number is particularly impressive considering it has doubled in the last eight months. Google has posted an interesting retrospective on the service highlighting the important role it has played in making Internet video stars through viral videos, how it has served as a platform for public figures to deliver their message or independent film-makers showcasing their work, and helped regular people d...

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,228   +314

Those are some staggering view numbers. Can't believe it's only 5 years old - seems like it's been around forever...
  3. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Posts: 529

Thats one hell of alot of Bandwidth! I would like to see how many TB/PB of data is used by youtube alone.
  4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,362   +260

I'm interested like gobby, i would love to see the technical data behind their site, they must have loads of servers and the bandwith they must take is huge! wish they had some data they could supply.
  5. tonylukac

tonylukac TechSpot Maniac Posts: 742   +14

All these Iranian protest videos. Where are the tea party videos?
  6. Tomorrow_Rains

Tomorrow_Rains TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 179

Tea party Videos haven't gone Viral. I actually did not know what you were talking about i had to go ahead and look it up, I thought you were referring to the tea party back in the 1800's (insert correction if I'm wrong) Anyways, Congrats YOU TUBE! And cheers.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.