YouTube Video Downloader HD

circusboy01

This probably should have gone in Mark Fullers thread. But, there are so many posts in it I'm afraid I'd get lost in the crowd
I just downloaded " You Tube video Downloader HD It has a window to put in video URLs How do I find the videos URL ?

Easy, just copy-paste the browser-URL; the URL for the video in the address-bar.

Like this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AnCA8nPZDg

I can't copy and paste what I can't find. I just played another YouTube video, and again i can't find anything that even remotely looks like a URL.
The video you wanted me to watch was just confusing. could not figure out what it had to do with my question. Unless the numbers at the top were URL numbers.But, that still doesn't help, because there are no numbers like that above any YT videos I watch CB

Hi. Start the video playing, (if there is an advert, let it run through or 'skip' it when you can), then right-click anywhere on the video screen, and choose the option 'copy the URL'.
Then minimise or quit 'YouTube', open your downloader program, find the option to 'Add video URL' , left click into the box where the URL has to go, right-click and choose 'Paste'. It should then work.

Hi. Start the video playing, (if there is an advert, let it run through or 'skip' it when you can), then right-click anywhere on the video screen, and choose the option 'copy the URL'.
Then minimise or quit 'YouTube', open your downloader program, find the option to 'Add video URL' , left click into the box where the URL has to go, right-click and choose 'Paste'. It should then work.

It worked perfect the first time. Thank you very very much. Now how do I find the Video so I can play it?:eek:

In the program 'Youtube video downloader HD', right at the lower edge of the screen it will show the path where your saved file has gone. It should be C:\Users\ 'your name'\ youtubedownloads\ filename, but you can change that to be easier to find. I put a folder on the desktop, save to that, then move the ones I want to keep to my video folder and delete the rest. The video files will probably download as .flv, (flash video) which you can change to another format in a program such as 'Format Factory'. I have done the same for my Nokia mobile (MP4).

In the program 'Youtube video downloader HD', right at the lower edge of the screen it will show the path where your saved file has gone. It should be C:\Users\ 'your name'\ youtubedownloads\ filename, but you can change that to be easier to find. I put a folder on the desktop, save to that, then move the ones I want to keep to my video folder and delete the rest. The video files will probably download as .flv, (flash video) which you can change to another format in a program such as 'Format Factory'. I have done the same for my Nokia mobile (MP4).

I hate to be such a bother. But, the only things I have on the bottom edge of my Downloader HD is Version:2.5 00:00:00 Status Waiting. I even right clicked some blank spots to see if maybe a list would pop up.
I click om browse in the YTDHD and a menu came up. lots of stuff in it Musc, Library, Play list, Video It also had Add to VLC playlist Play in VLC,and Play in MediaMonkey. I no longer have MediaMonkey. So I tried play in VLC. Real Player Download showed in VLC where the playlist should go Clicked Play. Nothing happened. Clicked directly on Real Playeer Download. nothing happenewd.
I tend to go on and on when I'm trying to explain things. I'll stop now Thanks CB

I should of added , when the little circles starting moving, click on the tiny triangle next to it & you should get a list to click on to download the video. good luck.

I should of added , when the little circles starting moving, click on the tiny triangle next to it & you should get a list to click on to download the video. good luck.

I messed the Add On Download. When it came to the place where I had to choose
letting the web finding a program to download with, or me browsing for a program myself First I let the web do it . It didn't do anything except take me to a page that I could not understand. So i Downloaded again. Didn't know what program to use.So I picked VLC media Player.It opened up a "Playlist" With 49 things on it none that I could understand and not one A song or a video.. Tried another download so I could choose something different. But it went right to VLC.
Not blaming you for sending a lousy Add On I'm sure it was a perfectly good Add On
I just messed it up.
O.K. now that I have lost the respect of everybody in TS by showing how dumb I am L'll close this. CB:)::eek::D:confused:

I messed the Add On Download. When it came to the place where I had to choose
letting the web finding a program to download with, or me browsing for a program myself First I let the web do it . It didn't do anything except take me to a page that I could not understand. So i Downloaded again. Didn't know what program to use.So I picked VLC media Player.It opened up a "Playlist" With 49 things on it none that I could understand and not one A song or a video.. Tried another download so I could choose something different. But it went right to VLC.
Not blaming you for sending a lousy Add On I'm sure it was a perfectly good Add On
I just messed it up.
O.K. now that I have lost the respect of everybody in TS by showing how dumb I am L'll close this. CB:)::eek::D:confused:

CB, you aint dumb so quit thinking that way.

The video you wanted me to watch was just confusing. could not figure out what it had to do with my question. Unless the numbers at the top were URL numbers.But, that still doesn't help, because there are no numbers like that above any YT videos I watch CB

The YT video was just a totally random example, and I'll try not to put up too much of an effort showing how to find the URL as mike1959 have already showed you an alternate way of "getting the URL".

Unless the numbers at the top were URL numbers.

They were.

I find it rather odd that your numbers did not appear above, over at the "address bar". However, copying the numbers (should they appear in the address bar) and pasting into the YT downloader, also works fine.

(That is in fact what you're doing when you're right-clicking and then "copy video URL"!)

And as already pointed out, you're not dumb CB :haha: - I've seen plenty of your posts showing otherwise.

============================

Guy from Monty Python said:
And now for something completely different.

Now, should you want to continue using YouTube Downloader HD, here's a nice 5-step instruction that should definitely work for you.

Step 1:
Find a nice YouTube video you like. It is 100% legal to download YouTube videos and use them privately and among your friends!

Step 2:
Right click on the video, a 'dropdown menu' will appear with a bunch of options. Left-click on 'Copy video URL' - just like you did previously.

You have now obtained the URL!

Step 3:
Start YouTube Downloader HD.

In the input-bar labelled "Video URL" - right click, then select 'Paste'.

Notice the input-bar below, labelled "Save to:"
This is where your videos will be downloaded (e.g. 'stored' after downloading has completed).

Step 4:
Now press 'Download'!

The video will now be downloaded.

Once completed, proceed:
Step 5:
Go to the folder mentioned in the "Save to:" bar. For instance, in my case, my folder is: C:\Users\Lokalaskurar\Videos\.

You will find your downloaded video in the folder mentioned in your "Save to" bar!

Have fun using YTDHD!

Hi CB, I worked out that the program I have been using is different to YTDLHD, so I D/L the correct one!
The path the videos get saved to, is just above the line 'Status: Waiting'
It is by default C:\Users\'name'\documents, and unless you tick the box, 'Convert .flv to .avi' or 'Convert .flv to MP4', the video will download into your 'Documents' folder as a .flv.
So if you want a .flv player program, I have D/L and tried this one, which works well; http://applian.com/flvplayer/download_flv_player.php
(There is an option to download an extra program too, but scroll down the page to
what they call 'Option #2'. You will still get another option to install their other program, just ignore it.) It may open another window over your browser, just quit that too.)
If you want to play the videos in Windows media player, just tick the box in YTDLHD, marked 'Convert .flv to .avi'. OR 'Convert .flv to MP4'
Quickest way to play a video file is, go to the file, right-click on it, choose 'Play'.
Or right-click on the video file, choose 'Open with' and pick your choice of players.
Hope this helps. (it does work !!!)

The YT video was just a totally random example, and I'll try not to put up too much of an effort showing how to find the URL as mike1959 have already showed you an alternate way of "getting the URL".

They were.

I find it rather odd that your numbers did not appear above, over at the "address bar". However, copying the numbers (should they appear in the address bar) and pasting into the YT downloader, also works fine.

(That is in fact what you're doing when you're right-clicking and then "copy video URL"!)

And as already pointed out, you're not dumb CB :haha: - I've seen plenty of your posts showing otherwise.

============================

Now, should you want to continue using YouTube Downloader HD, here's a nice 5-step instruction that should definitely work for you.

Step 1:
Find a nice YouTube video you like. It is 100% legal to download YouTube videos and use them privately and among your friends!

Step 2:
Right click on the video, a 'dropdown menu' will appear with a bunch of options. Left-click on 'Copy video URL' - just like you did previously.

You have now obtained the URL!

Step 3:
Start YouTube Downloader HD.

In the input-bar labelled "Video URL" - right click, then select 'Paste'.

Notice the input-bar below, labelled "Save to:"
This is where your videos will be downloaded (e.g. 'stored' after downloading has completed).

Step 4:
Now press 'Download'!

The video will now be downloaded.

Once completed, proceed:
Step 5:
Go to the folder mentioned in the "Save to:" bar. For instance, in my case, my folder is: C:\Users\Lokalaskurar\Videos\.

You will find your downloaded video in the folder mentioned in your "Save to" bar!

Have fun using YTDHD!
Thanks to both of you for saying I'm not stupid. When I can't follow simple instructions because something wont click in my brain. I sure feel stupid.
I thank I have gone through these steps already.That's how I downloaded 3 videos
that I can't find :eek: My send to bar is c\Users|R.W. Solema\Documents
Now this is where I get confused. Do I just click on the send to bar,and it will take me to a folder with my videos in it? ( I think I tried that? both left and right click.)
Or do I have to create the folder first?

Back