TechSpot

YouTube's 2014 Rewind reveals the top viral, music videos of the year

By Shawn Knight
Dec 9, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. It seems like just yesterday that we were saying goodbye to 2013 but alas, 2014 is almost in the record books. To celebrate the occasion, YouTube has once again compiled the stars of its top videos to create a unique...

Read more

2. trparky

trparky TS Booster Posts: 156   +58

I think that 2013's was better.

3. itluislopez

itluislopez TS Rookie

Song of summer
    shake it off by taylor swift

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,550   +2,894

Maybe I will remember not to watch next years video. I doubt it though, so I will likely waste another 6 minutes when the time comes.

5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

Doesn't take much to see that YouTube videos are driven by young teen's. Who will watch the same video a hundred times over.

Zero21XX and verneronomous like this.
  6. verneronomous

verneronomous TS Enthusiast Posts: 38

Wow sort of weak from last years...maybe it is due to the fact that I have not payed as much attetion but this one seemed a bit lame...hmmmm or it is very possible im just getting old. Geez!

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

They call that music? They sure had me fooled. For the 30 seconds I watched all I heard was a cacophony of raucous and offensive noise.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,710   +397

I think I understood about 35% of the references. Getting old I guess..

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  9. DKRON

DKRON TS Guru Posts: 567   +25

I totally agree and as a dj I stay as far away as possible from that generic crap, but classic house is making a come back so we should see that turn for the better very soon

10. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,680   +1,875

If a turd like "Gangnam Style", can "break YouTube's hit counter, does it really matter what the "hip" are clicking on? Even the 10 sec segments from TV entertainment "news" programs earned that piece of sh!t the, "channel change button of doom" from me.

I find it greatly disturbing that the movie, "Idiocracy", has turned into a documentary, albeit however unplanned.

Give me YouTube top 10 from 1969, "Pinball Wizard" @ #1, and so forth.

11. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,550   +2,894

At least that video was a slight bit entertaining, I didn't get this one at all.

12. Skidmarksdeluxe

That's 36% more than what I understood.

SNGX1275 likes this.
  13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Taste is very subjective but I can call that din music. Music is created by talented people, anybody can make a noise.

14. DKRON

DKRON TS Guru Posts: 567   +25

SNGX1275 and cliffordcooley like this.