YouTube's 2014 Rewind reveals the top viral, music videos of the year

Shawn Knight

Staff member

It seems like just yesterday that we were saying goodbye to 2013 but alas, 2014 is almost in the record books. To celebrate the occasion, YouTube has once again compiled the stars of its top videos to create a unique look back at the year that was 2014.

Viral video fanatics, techies and pop culture fans in general will no doubt recognize several familiar faces including Jenna Marbles, Conan O’Brien, The Fine Bros. and iJustine, just to name a few. The year’s top tracks serve as background music including Lil Jon’s “Turn Down for What”, “Let It Go” from the Frozen soundtrack and Pharrell Williams’ “Happy.”

YouTube also revealed the top trending videos of 2014 based on views, shares, comments, likes and more as well as the top music videos.

Top Trending Videos for 2014

1. Mutant Giant Spider Dog (SA Wardega) by SA Wardega
2. Nike Football: Winner Stays. ft. Ronaldo, Neymar Jr., Rooney, Ibrahimović, Iniesta & more by Nike Football
3. FIRST KISS by Tatia PIlieva
4. The Voice IT | Serie 2 | Blind 2 | Suor Cristina Scuccia - #TEAMJ-AX by TheVoiceOf Italy
5. iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test by Unbox Therapy
6. Bars & Melody - Simon Cowell's Golden Buzzer act | Britain's Got Talent 2014 by Britain's Got Talent
7. Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial -- "Puppy Love" by Budweiser
8. Devil Baby Attack by DevilsDueNYC
9. Goku vs Superman. Epic Rap Battles of History Season 3. by ERB
10. 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman by Street HarassmentVideo

Top Music Videos for 2014

1. Katy Perry - Dark Horse (Official) ft. Juicy J
2. Enrique Iglesias - Bailando (Español) ft. Descemer Bueno, Gente De Zona
3. Shakira - Can't Remember to Forget You ft. Rihanna
4. Shakira - La La La (Brazil 2014) ft. Carlinhos Brown
5. Jason Derulo - "Wiggle" feat. Snoop Dogg (Official HD Music Video)
6. Iggy Azalea - Fancy (Explicit) ft. Charli XCX
7. Sia - Chandelier (Official Video)
8. Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
9. Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
10. Nicki Minaj - Anaconda

Permalink to story.

Maybe I will remember not to watch next years video. I doubt it though, so I will likely waste another 6 minutes when the time comes.

Wow sort of weak from last years...maybe it is due to the fact that I have not payed as much attetion but this one seemed a bit lame...hmmmm or it is very possible im just getting old. Geez!

They call that music? They sure had me fooled. For the 30 seconds I watched all I heard was a cacophony of raucous and offensive noise.

Last edited:
They call that music? They sure had me fooled. For the 30 seconds I watched all I heard was a cacophony of raucous and offensive noise.
I totally agree and as a dj I stay as far away as possible from that generic crap, but classic house is making a come back so we should see that turn for the better very soon

If a turd like "Gangnam Style", can "break YouTube's hit counter, does it really matter what the "hip" are clicking on? Even the 10 sec segments from TV entertainment "news" programs earned that piece of sh!t the, "channel change button of doom" from me.

I find it greatly disturbing that the movie, "Idiocracy", has turned into a documentary, albeit however unplanned.

Give me YouTube top 10 from 1969, "Pinball Wizard" @ #1, and so forth.

I totally agree and as a dj I stay as far away as possible from that generic crap, but classic house is making a come back so we should see that turn for the better very soon
Taste is very subjective but I can call that din music. Music is created by talented people, anybody can make a noise.

Back