TechSpot

z5500 to xbox 360

By twite
Feb 11, 2007
  1. Hi, i just got vga cables for my 360 to hook it up to my monitor, but i am wondering how i can hook the 360 up to my z5500. The vga has white and red audio cables. What kind of splitter would i need?

2. nismo91

nismo91 TS Guru Posts: 1,004   +11

Hmm are you talking about Logitech Z5500? As i don;t have both of them, and assuming that your 360 is having 2 "RCA" (not VGA) audio cables coloured white and red, you can just connect it via :

2 Stereo RCA (female) to 3.5mm stereo (female). But if you want to have 5.1 channel configuration of it, well i can't give the answer as i nvr see the back panel of both z5500 and 360

But remember for digital input, ask another techspot members as i'm really blind about co-axial or digital input

3. detrunks

detrunks TS Enthusiast Posts: 204

there should be a digital connection directly below the VGA bit - ignore the RCA as this will not give you true 5.1.

4. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,083

There is no digital connection, just rca. It does say it supports Dolby 5.1 surround, but i don't know how. Also, their is an optical and digital input on the back of the logitec z5500 console.

5. detrunks

detrunks TS Enthusiast Posts: 204

6. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,083

Oh, ok, thanks. I just spent $45 on the "xbox" brand one w/o the digital out. I'll see what i can do about returning it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.