TechSpot

Zip password recovery

By Canadian
Nov 10, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Let me first off start by saying I realize a lot of you wont help me because of what I am asking. Let me just say, I am doing this out of curiosity. I am not trying to break into anyones protected files, or even ones that I forgot a password to. I am doing this entirely just to satisfy my curiosity.

Ok, so here is the poop.

I got bored the other night, and decided to try and learn how to break into password protected zip files. I looked around online, found some trials and played around. I found one that seems pretty good (KRyLack).

My question is, does anyone know of a similar program that is multi-threaded?

Waiting a week while it tries to brute force into file is horrible with my three remaining cores sitting there doing nothing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

3. Canadian

Canadian TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 102

Nope, none of those are what I am looking for.
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Oh well there were 3 there, but so be it

Here's another one, that reports recovery in under an hour: http://www.lostpassword.com/zip.htm
    But pretty sure you have to pay for it :(
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.