ZoneAlarm removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer care

Hello everyone, its good to have such a place as TECH SPOT. And guess what I need help, guess I joined in the nick of time. I hope someone will be able and willing to assist me.
:confused: Zone Alarm is giving me fits and I cant get it off my system. Can any of you smart techies give me some hlep.

The "smart techies" are off clubbing at the moment,so I`ll have to help :)

The instructions for manually uninstalling ZA are HERE

It`s true ZA doesn`t play well with some systems,but make sure the problems

are not being caused by something else.Like spyware for instance.

Kerio is a good,if slightly more complicated,alternative to ZA.

Ok I will be more aware of the threads and try not to step on any more toes. I will get the hang of this forum thing eventually. Thanks for the warning.

I have already tried the instrusctions on the link you referred me to. Thanks for responding. I guess I will just plow on through till I get it figured out.
Thanks for your aid. You have been very kind.

Further to the above- The file that causes most trouble when uninstalling

ZA is vsmon.exe (TruVector) which is run as a service.

Pay special attention to that one.It doesn`t like being killed.

Services can be stopped with net stop command (at command prompt), or Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services, no?

ok, I'm a newbie.. at the command prompt I typed in net.LOL.... I guess I just don't understand what to do. For now I am researching software that will assist in cleaning up the OS and hopefully that will take care of the Zone Alarm. I have followed all the suggestions that have been so kindly given to me to no avail.
There is no icon in the sys. tray. za will not open, administrative instrusctions do not work because za does not have all the files there that should be. I have tried to reinstall and delete, no go.. LOL, I am up a creek. Thank you so very much for trying to help me. Guess I have a lot to learn. So please bear with me on any further inquiries.
"Nothing ventured nothing gained"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back