Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection Installation Issues

I've recently obtained Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection and am trying to install it on my laptop but when I come to install disc 2 I receive the following message:
Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection Setup encountered a disc error while writing the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon\xpack2\altsnd5.ztd. Make sure your hard disk is not full, and that the file is not in use.

Both my mother, the more techie person of the family, have no clue what to do with this. My PC has plenty of RAM and the content seems to be downloading to the correct area so we are baffled and some help, if possible, would be greatly appreciated.

How much space do you have free on your C: drive?

Edit: Misread your post - thought it said Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection, but just realised it's the old one. It only needs around 1.5 GiB of storage space, but may need a bit more for installing.

However, it's also quite an old title and the installer program may not like the version of Windows on your computer. You could try running the installer in Compatibility Mode.

Right on the installer exe file and select Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab, check the Compatibility mode box and select the oldest version of Windows shown.

Last edited:
I've right clicked on the SETUP.EXE file but my laptop isn't showing me a tab labelled compatibility as you said. The tabs shown however are general, hardware, sharing, customize and recording.

Back