TechSpot

Zotac intros HTPC AMD motherboards with USB, SATA 3.0

By Matthew
Dec 2, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Zotac isn't a newcomer to the compact computing scene having released various nettops, HTPCs and related hardware. Today, the company has added two more products to its portfolio: the M880G-ITX WiFi and 880G-ITX WiFi. Both are ITX motherboards based on AMD chips with similar features overall, but each utilizes a different CPU technology.

Read the whole story

2. Breech

Breech TS Member Posts: 76

I've had good luck with Zotac products. Haven't used a MB from them before though. I wish they would offer a full size ATX utilizing AMD chipsets.

3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274   +231

I'm typing on a system that uses Zotac's first LGA775/Geforce9300 itx motherboard. Besides only having two on board SATA slots, it has been a dream for me. That open AM3 board looks interesting though. 'Bout time they gave AMD some love, though honestly I'm waiting to see how Sandy Bridge turns out and I eagerly await reviews on ASUS's new itx board that is to go with it.

edit: Though, having only a PCIe x1 slot is rather limiting. My RAID card is a x4 card, and it also means you can't really put a higher end card in there (though they DO make x1 cards. Having a x16 slot on itx was one of the simple beauties of a lot of Zotac's Intel itx boards.

4. Stupido

Stupido TS Booster Posts: 65

These are very interesting motherboards for HTPC... That x1 slot can be populated either with high quality sound card or TV tuner...

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,810   +570

Wow! I motherboard that size with a Phenom II in! damn!

6. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274   +231