TechSpot

Zotac intros HTPC AMD motherboards with USB, SATA 3.0

By Matthew
Dec 2, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Zotac isn't a newcomer to the compact computing scene having released various nettops, HTPCs and related hardware. Today, the company has added two more products to its portfolio: the M880G-ITX WiFi and 880G-ITX WiFi. Both are ITX motherboards based on AMD chips with similar features overall, but each utilizes a different CPU technology.

Read the whole story

2. Breech

Breech TS Member Posts: 79

I've had good luck with Zotac products. Haven't used a MB from them before though. I wish they would offer a full size ATX utilizing AMD chipsets.

3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 974   +54

I'm typing on a system that uses Zotac's first LGA775/Geforce9300 itx motherboard. Besides only having two on board SATA slots, it has been a dream for me. That open AM3 board looks interesting though. 'Bout time they gave AMD some love, though honestly I'm waiting to see how Sandy Bridge turns out and I eagerly await reviews on ASUS's new itx board that is to go with it.

edit: Though, having only a PCIe x1 slot is rather limiting. My RAID card is a x4 card, and it also means you can't really put a higher end card in there (though they DO make x1 cards. Having a x16 slot on itx was one of the simple beauties of a lot of Zotac's Intel itx boards.

4. Stupido

Stupido TS Enthusiast Posts: 59

These are very interesting motherboards for HTPC... That x1 slot can be populated either with high quality sound card or TV tuner...

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,537   +330

Wow! I motherboard that size with a Phenom II in! damn!

6. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 974   +54

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.