TechSpot

Zune HD isn't dead after all: Microsoft rolls out new apps

By Emil
Aug 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has released nine new Zune HD apps: Finger Paint, Calendar, Trash Throw, Slider Puzzle, ColorSpill, Splatter Bug, Vine Climb, Decoder Ring, and Tug-O-War. Microsoft also updated the following Zuneā€¦

Read the whole story

2. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

I prefer my Zune HD 16gb over my iPod Touch 4g 32g for listening to music (Zune pass just rocks and I think the Zune puts out better sound quality), but it is useless for just about everything else because of the small screen size and lack of apps that are actually useful.

Another thing I've noticed, completely unrelated, is that I have 10 times more wifi range with my Zune HD than I do with my ipod touch... Maybe I need to RMA the ipod?

3. Xero07

Xero07 TS Rookie Posts: 93

Not sure if I'll download any of those. But its nice to see Microsoft will still throw a few out there from time to time.

4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,980   +957

All of my XP machines have the Zune theme installed in lieu of "Royale". Don't own an MP3 device though. I suppose I'll have to enjoy having a Zune player vicariously, through my desktop.

5. "Another thing I've noticed, completely unrelated, is that I have 10 times more wifi range with my Zune HD than I do with my ipod touch..."

I have to agree with that. The range of the ipod is horrible in comparison to my old laptop where the laptop shows 3-4 bars and the ipod can't even discover the router yet at that distance.

6. captaincranky

I frankly don't understand this, the iPod is a breakthrough, world changing device, Steve Jobs said so..:confused:

7. Wendig0

Strange isn't it, yet I can barely make it out of the room my router is in before my ipod drops signal. The wifi range might be a broad issue for the ipod overall, but something is definitely wrong with mine.

8. captaincranky

"You're holding it wrong".....!!! (ROFLMAO)

(Sorry, I get carried away).

9. Wendig0

lmao, I'll sell it on ebay if they tell me that :D

10. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 412   +106

Implying you have more than one XP installation. I feel sorry for you.

11. captaincranky

Gosh, save your "pity". You say that, but you don't mean it. That said, off with you to patronize or pretend to feel sorry for someone else. Those 3 boxes work just fine! I keep the oldest crappiest one to visit Techspot. It's all I need, it's all you deserve.

XP is still a fine OS. Certain kinds of users with Windows 7 boxes, like to hear themselves run it down. Sort of a sly way of telling us you think you've got something better. I have a couple of Windows 7 machines too. But, like I said, I surely don't need them for this. Any free Linux distro would achieve the same result as well.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.