Logitech's new MX1000 Cordless Mouse

By Derek Sooman on September 1, 2004, 1:00 PM
20 times as accurate as the average optical mouse, the MX Laser Engine can detect small movements over surfaces that would get passed by by other mice. Matching the specs of the MX510 gaming mouse, while still using a cordless chassis, the MX1000 is a true gamers mouse. It provides 800 dpi resolution and 5.8 megapixels per second image-processing rate, which hitherto has only been possible with corded mice. Now the same performance is available wireless. The mouse is equipped with a rechargeable battery, and the base station serves double duty as a battery charger. The battery even comes with a three year warranty. All in all, an excellent product.

dragonpac said:
Unregistered said:
[url=http://3dgpu.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=310&st=0]Her
[/url] is a user-review of the MX1k from 3dgpu's Jaybo.Will be interesting to test it, but for now my mx700 will have to sufficeMr.G
MaskedBurrito said:
I own both of these mice and equal to the 510 the 1000 is not. The 1000 has a touch of lag.
Arris said:
Well its on par at least with my MX500, but a more comfortable shape. My MX900 isn't as smooth as the MX700 I had, so the MX1000 is a welcome change. I'm going to have to play with it for a while to see if its worthy of replacing my Razer Viper mouse as my gaming mouse.
olefarte said:
I've had my MX1000 for a little over a week now, and I have nothing but praise for it. I can't compare it to some of the mice mentioned above, but compared to my last couple of not so expensive cordless mice from MS and Logitech, this thing makes my games seem like all new. And I've just gotten CoD: United Offensive, and accuracy is a must in this very action intense shooter. This mouse has it.
dragonpac said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by dragonpac [/i]Im wondering for people like me that have the MX700 if the new base station for the MX1000 will still be compatible with my keyboard??? [/quote]