More on 2GB Gmail

By Derek Sooman on April 3, 2005, 2:22 PM
There are more confirmations coming through about the increase of Gmail storage space to 2 gigabytes. This seems like just the beginning, with much more space to come in future. The move puts Gmail back ahead of Yahoo Mail, who just increased its member storage space to one gigabyte last month.

"Storage is an important part of email, but that doesn't mean you should have to worry about it. To celebrate our one-year birthday, we're giving everyone one more gigabyte. But why stop the party there? Our plan is to continue growing your storage beyond 2GBs by giving you more space as we are able. We know that email will only become more important in people's lives, and we want Gmail to keep up with our users and their needs." - Google.

exlaval said:
Very cute, very prettyBut gmail is not for everybody, no way to register.so let's cut the drooling, they may as well offer a terabytefor as much as i care, it's no better than the hope diamond.if you can touch it, wake me
mwoodman said:
Honestly, exlaval, everybody you know with a Gmail account has 50 invites. Just ask them for one.And in the unlikely event you're on an island where nobody has Gmail, go here: [url]http://isnoop.net/gmail/[/url]
mysideofearth2 said:
Hay, is there any one with a invite to send my way (email- mysideofearth2@aol.com)? Just thought i would ask.
---agissi--- said:
lol learn to read a bit m8! mwoodman posted: [url]http://isnoop.net/gmail/[/url]
mysideofearth2 said:
thanks i have one now Thanks to every one
Mikael said:
Even if Gmail offers more space, I am still going to mainly use my Yahoo accounts. Not only do I have 2gb because I am a Yahoo SBC DSL user, I usually use Yahoo for everything else.
mysideofearth2 said:
ok i have a account thanks now quit sending me invites lol
Gariso said:
Unfortunately, it has been impossible to subscribe to Gmail. Why? Is it just for the happy few? Looking forward to hearing from those who have it.Thanks
Mikael said:
What is your e-mail address, Gariso?
bushwhacker said:
better use the gmail rather than yahoo because they has the better spam protection and gmail does not provide your name or email whatsoever.I am a registered member of Gmail.