Sober.AH to become Nazi tool?

By Derek Sooman on December 27, 2005, 7:08 AM
Security experts fear that the recent Sober.AH epidemic could form part of a neo-Nazi masterplan. The aim may be to fill up the inboxes of the world's internet users with hateful Nazi propaganda in the form of spam.

According to analysis of the worm's code conducted by PandaLabs, this malware is designed to connect to numerous servers between the 5th and 6th of January 2006: the anniversary of the Nazi Party's formation. This could enable it, among other actions, to download a malicious file which could turn computers infected by Sober.AH into zombies, spreading 'political' spam.
Luis Corrons, director of PandaLabs, claims that there could be a huge number of computers infected with Sober.AH out there.

mentaljedi said:
asphix said:
And who takes spam seriously anymore anyway? This is feared to be a viable political outlet? Come on!This is slightly weird after just hearing someone go nuts on how Microsoft and the X360 are supporting Nazism. Something about that picture with the four controllers in a spiral mimicing the Swastica.I hate conspiracy theorists.
Phantasm66 said:
[b]Originally posted by mentaljedi:[/b][quote]now THIS is amusing. Well, apart from it going into my computer, i find it very funny. Viruses are now for POLITICAL VIEWS? Sheesh. This is getting freaky. Next thing you know, ALqaeda will send a virus telling everyone how to make bombs![/quote]Its not funny at all. We are only about one or two years away from real cyber-terrorism, and that scares the hell out of me.
Bartzy said:
What ?! This is an outrage ! There are a lot of jewish people out there, that were part of the holocaust and I'm sure it won't be nice to get Nazi spam in their inboxes. I think every Anti-virus and security company should work hard to solve this problem, and get every computer secured. As a jew, I really don't believe there are still people like that out there. It's just a shame...
brownpaper said:
I guess there is something new to put in my spam filter besides pr0n, enlarging something, and free drugs.
spike said:
I agree with P66. This is not funny.
cyrax said:
THis is not the kind of thing that we should have to worry about in the new year. Shame on the virus writers.Panda always catches these things early so we are in good hands
otmakus said:
Viruses have been used to make profit for a while now, so it doesn't surprise me to hear a virus is now used for propaganda, although i think it will only backfire and people will hate Nazi more than ever.
realblackstuff said:
It's sickening, that 60 years after the end of WWII, those bleedin' Nazis have still not been eradicated and annihilated.My mother was pregnant with me during the hunger-winter of 1944, and because of that I am still suffering from various deficiencies, due to malnourishment of my mother during that pregnancy!You better believe that I hate anything to do with Nazis with a tremendous passion!
Phantasm66 said:
Sober.AH = Adolf Hitler ??
Phantasm66 said:
The Internet should be used for peace, not hate.
nathanskywalker said:
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazi[/url] wow, Nazi, omgosh, didn't know there were any out there with enough brains to send a virus! lol.
phantasm66 said:
That's the problem, they pay the real techs to do it for them.