Blizzard announces Diablo III

By on June 28, 2008, 10:57 AM
After a week long teaser running on Blizzard's site, Diablo III was finally announced today in Paris at Blizzard's Worldwide Invitational. As an interesting side note, Diablo II was released on June 29, 2000, so depending on how you count this announcement comes almost 8 years right after it's predecessor's release, making this editor feel quite old :)

Blizzard has posted a lot of new information about the game on their site including some feature trailers. Unsurprisingly however, the servers are being hammered with tons of traffic, so we have made available the trailer's torrent files for you right here.

Diablo III: Artwork Trailer, Cinematic Trailer, Gameplay Trailer.

canadian said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. *Head explodes*
Per Hansson said:
Seems the Gameplay trailer isn't up yetEveryone that is connected to the swarm has 0% of it...But the Cinematic and Artwork trailers works fine and I got very good speed downloading them (and am seeding them now of course!)
Rick said:
The gameplay trailer is up at the moment. Very nice.And as mentioned above, *head explodes*
Per Hansson said:
Aye, it started downloading for me a while ago too, will soon watch it!
Prosercunus said:
I am more excited about this game then I have ever been for any game ever, and I have been playing online PC games of all sorts since 95.I watched the game play footage and even after over hyping myself I am STILL super impressed by it... I absolutely cannot wait.
TimeParadoX said:
Amazing! I can't wait for the game to come out, the new Starcraft and Diablo will keep me busy for a whole summer. :)
skitzo_zac said:
I think I died and went to heaven!But to me this looks like its really polished, must have been working on it for quite a while. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a release date.This probably going to be my first ever release day purchase, and I will make sure that my PC is upgraded so I can max out the settings for it.
Nirkon said:
I played diablo 2.. when I was 8-9!!!!can't wait for D3!! :)