EA reveals Crysis Warhead PC specs and pricing

By on September 11, 2008, 2:59 PM
Little over a month ago we reported that EA was believed to be working on a Crysis Warhead-ready PC to market in conjunction with the game’s release. Well, the company has not only confirmed such rumors now but also revealed the pricing and full specs for the machine – and it’s packing plenty bang for the buck.

The Crysis Warhead branded PC will sell for $699 and has been designed by Crytek, EA and Nvidia to run the upcoming shooter on high settings without ever dropping below 30 frames per second. The main specs include an Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 running at 2.66GHz, 2GB of RAM, and a GeForce 9800GT 512MB graphics card. Keyboard, chassis and mouse are all included too – but expect to pay extra for a monitor.

EA will not assemble the hardware itself, but instead it’s pairing with PC vendor UltraPC to build the system. Apparently pre-orders will begin soon and the system should start shipping on September 16, the same day as Crysis Warhead.

black_adder said:
My machine kicks the Shiz out of that one... And I still get area's that drop below 30fps, I dont think there are many machines out there that can keep it above that... So pardon me if I stay sceptical of this Machine... Seems like just a money stunt
Julio said:
Do you have a copy of the game already? ;)
pcnthuziast said:
I'm sure it can maintain that framerate... @ 1024 x 768.
brock kane said:
I'm sure the system will kick out the 30fps. But, what they failed to mention....That you have to turn off any Anti-Virus software and any other running applications while playing the game. I'm not possitive about this, but I bet it's not far from the truth.Any system will run a high demand game if it is the only application running. Not to mention, the only application installed on the system.Hope it doesn't have Windows Vista..... That will really kill the Famerate.- Brock
black_adder said:
[b]Originally posted by Julio:[/b][quote]Do you have a copy of the game already? ;)[/quote]I have the original. and Im assuming this Newer one will not be WORSE graphics ;D
Julio said:
I'm happy they have taken things this far, not talking about the PC they will sell, but how much emphasis has been put on hardware optimization AND eye candy at the same time. Crysis obviously lacked the former, visual tricks or not, the game was very harsh on even the most powerful systems at the time of release.