Microsoft announces Xbox 360 HDMI audio fix

By on February 2, 2009, 6:04 PM
The New Xbox Experience launch late last year was met with rave reviews all over the web. Unfortunately, though, the update didn’t exactly go without a hitch. According to various reports, many Xbox 360 owners who had connected the console to their HDTV using an HDMI cable were left with no sound whatsoever, while a smaller number of complaints said video was affected as well.

Two months and 24 pages of complaints later Microsoft is finally ready to address the issue, even though it admitted fault shortly after deploying the update. Sure, this is no RROD but is certainly an annoyance and Microsoft has taken long enough “looking into the problem.” According to Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb, the fix is due to arrive February 3 at 2:00 a.m. PST in a mandatory dashboard update.

MichaelLS said:
HA, HA, HA! I rest my case. What is going on at Micro$oft?Can these poor people do anything right?Ahhh, perhaps a wee little bit of in house Alpha testing might be in order before putting the product out for Beta test by the paying customer / client?Sigh! How sad!Micro$oft - 'How frustrated would you like to be today?' 'Try our latest untested Update!'
dude2000 said:
Your kidding right, Wait your an ***** right. I guess we can all be happy it didn't brick our system like the ps3 update did.
MichaelLS said:
"Our system?" "*****??" Ah, so you're a victim - a sufferer of Stockholm Syndrome? And you paid how much for that over clocked - over heated PeeCee in small box? Why didn't you just build the Gamer PeeCee of your dreams? And just think - with Vista... you would be even more frustrated than you are right now. And what is the failure rate on that thing?Hey take heart - you own the most rented console out there!! [ Because most people would never buy one! Let them take care of the failures!! Save some of your allowance money too! ]You are absolutely right about the PS3 though. Pat, pat, pat on the back son. And look at Sony's posted loss this week! Hey - how about a merger - Sony-$oft 'We/Together loose money on every box we sell!' Ahhh - yeah! That will pay back on the stock sold. Right!And then there is little tiny Nintendo? Japan's third most valuable company. Over $85 Billion! Hey - at least they're making a profit.Kiddie stuff for me though 'Dude from the year 2000'. I have work to do! I'll leave the games for you kids!Pssst! Insider information from this old '*****'. Invest in DVD manufacturing!!! You kids have bough more DVD's for these game machines than all the movies sold. That really says a lot! Right?Night Night! And don't forget to do your homework!
gobbybobby said:
No RROD???? My 360 red ringed after installing the update, whan I got it back that said it was the motherboard. If it was not for Halo and Gears I would have chucked my console out the window years ago, but the games are just too good!
yukka said:
hmm did this guy spring up from nowhere or what?anyway i didnt even know about this issue as i dont have the hdmi xbox (dvd case, always place your xbox on a dvd case... never rrod :P ) but i would probably have been annoyed at the length of time its taken to fix.
aolish said:
dude2000 said:
[b]Originally posted by aolish:[/b][quote]there's no doubt the 360 has had major problems in the past. But i guess at least they are being fixed. =/ This is one of the reasons why i waited so long to get a 360. My 360 is only a couple of months old. And i'm hoping I got the latest version of it so hopefully no rrods. Tho, i haven't been giving it a real workout since i got it. Only been playing hd remix, pacman ce and other xbox live arcade games. I do plan on getting SF4 when it hits February 17th. [/quote] I have 4 xbox's with 3 diffrent motherboards none of them have rrod on me. I also have the latest model the jasper. Very quiet, runs cooler and i have had it on for up to 14 hours with no problems. If you can load your games on the hard drive that will also keep heat down.