OCZ unveils Sabre OLED multimedia keyboard

By on June 23, 2009, 2:10 PM
OCZ has launched their Sabre OLED multimedia and gaming keyboard. Its primary selling point is quite clear at first glance, with nine OLED hotkeys consuming the left portion of the device. With the Sabre’s intelligent management software, OCZ brags of its virtually boundless customization options.

For starters, the user-programmable OLED keys can convert any digital image or text into distinctive icons. They also permit the user to map sets of command tiers to each OLED, which can store limitless layers of shortcuts and macros. The hotkeys are able to switch their icons and command tiers as the user skips from one application to another. Launching a first person shooter for instance, can bring forth a programmed sub-grid of weapons and tool commands.

As anyone could guess, the Sabre was engineered with hardcore gamers and enthusiasts in mind. It connects via USB, features 128MB of flash memory, weighs a whopping 2.7lbs and its 103 keys are rated for over 5 million cycles. OCZ tells us its MSRP is $199.99 and it is expected to ship later on in the week to resellers.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I wish they would make ergonomic versions of these keyboards. Same thing with the Saitek keyboards. I can't handle these flat boards as much as I'd like to have one of them with their various cool features. My hands get extremely tired and cramped up if I'm not using an ergonomic keyboard.

Tekkaraiden Tekkaraiden said:

For all us that couldn't afford an optimus maximus keyboard.

yukka, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I was really interested until I saw the price

tengeta tengeta said:

I'll stick with my old G15 till it breaks... then move on to a G11 because I consider the 18 macro buttons more important than the screen.

polidiotic said:

Macro buttons and macros in general are overrated. True gamers do the grunt work themselves. ;P

Darth Shiv Darth Shiv said:

The price ain't that bad considering what it does. The maximus' price is crazy. You can build an entire Core2 system for the price of a maximus. It makes it possible to bind shortcut keys and not have to memorise the positions of your shortcuts. To me that is brilliant!

raybay said:

What is wrong with plain and simple? And low cost.

Most of the fancy boards that have come through our shops seem to enjoy early failures.

T77 T77 said:

looks cool & has features too but its going to hurt our palms

Zeromus said: