DirectX 9 Now Available

By Derek Sooman on December 20, 2002, 3:16 AM
Remember, you read about it here first!

Although if you go to the Official DirectX page on Microsoft's server here, you will see that its still version 8.1 thats available, Microsoft have indeed placed the final build of DirectX 9 on their servers and its available to download here. Please note that this is a web based installer, and not the self-contained distribution of DirectX which is around 9MB I believe.

In case you are wondering how I got the link, it was from here.

I imagine that an official announcement will soon be placed on Microsoft's main page here and on the Official DirectX page here.

warr said:
updated. Just for a higher version number. ;)
Phantasm66 said:
I installed it right away on my office machine. No problems at all.
Per Hansson said:
I've installed it on one of my machines to, works fine...
MrGaribaldi said:
Installed A OK here, though there is one thing that puzzles me...All the DirectX files are Final Retail, with one exception:mfc42.dllAnd it's been beta since 07.12.1999!Anyone know why this is still in beta state?
warr said:
According to the Inquirer, m$ said this is still the beta release.but never mind. since i already installed, as long as it doesn't cause sh!t, then i don't bother it. well, seldom use windoz any way. only when i need to patch or update. :grinthumb
Phantasm66 said:
this is the final version as far as I have been told
Unregistered said:
now all we need are some new dx9 opimized detonators drivers to go with it.
Vehementi said:
Too bad ATi already has Catalyst 3.0's 8)NVIDIA will soon release Detonator 2384273957234.328472398523's or something. Sucks for them, they don't even have any DX9 cards :haha: /me laughs and points at NVIDIA...And the sad thing is, they won't for like a year! :haha:And I have been told that this is the final version of DirectX 9 as well.We have like 3 news posts about the same subject :confused:Anyway, I installed DX9 along with the Cat 3.0's, and so far they work just fine.
warr said:
SNGX1275 said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by warr [/i][b]NVidiot's next card is also not fully DX9 complient.they chopped some features in order to keep their FPS high. [/b][/quote] Nvidia says otherwise: [url]http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20021218_8063[/url
warr said:
[quote][i]Originally posted by SNGX1275 [/i][b]Nvidia says otherwise: [url]http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20021218_8063[/url] [/b][/quote] at first i wanna have a look, then i stopped myself. why? i see the website is on their own website. so what do you expect?their marketing gone crap to say themselves bad? ;)
---agissi--- said:
hey NVidia rulz....so shhh ya mouth, no probz on the DX9 drivers.:grinthumb
Vehementi said:
Yeah, and apples are better than oranges.
SNGX1275 said:
Hey man - I was just posting a link, and saying Nvidia says its DX9 complient, make of that what you will, nothing more nothing less. :)
Unregistered said:
actually I was bashing on 'warr'...