Crash Course DLC now available, Left 4 Dead on sale for $15 on Steam

By on September 29, 2009, 6:30 PM
Keeping its promise, Valve has pushed out new downloadable content for its popular zombie shooter, Left 4 Dead. Called "Crash Course," the update brings a new campaign, which falls between the events of "No Mercy" and "Death Toll," and features fresh locations, dialogue, refined item spawning and more. As we've noted in the past, the DLC is available to PC gamers for free via Steam, but owners of the Xbox 360 version must cough up 560 Microsoft Points -- about $7.

Additionally, to celebrate the release of Crash Course, Valve is offering a 50% discount on the PC version of Left 4 Dead, which brings the game down to $14.99. This promotion expires on Saturday, October 3 -- so get it while it's hot. If you can hold off on the zombie apocalypse, Valve is preparing to launch a demo of Left 4 Dead's sequel, Left 4 Dead 2. The completed title will hit store shelves on November 17 with a slew of new features.

eafshar said:

damn i bought the game last month for 39.99. dont really regret it tho. really gd game.

Staff
Julio Franco Julio Franco, TechSpot Editor, said:

I'm not into L4D but based on the commentary you see everywhere (including some TS staff members), there is no doubt Valve has a knack for the perfect gameplay balance, starting with the original Half Life and basically every single title they have released from then and on.

JasAce said:

LOVE THIS GAME! Just sent this link to some buddies that have been waiting for the price to drop. They better get it now! Really is the best use of teamwork I've seen in a Co-op game in a long time.

BlindObject said:

Just bought it. =)

Staff
Per Hansson Per Hansson, TS Server Guru, said:

I'm with Julio, while I don't really fancy L4D myself Valve sure seems to know how to make successful games

Eddie_42 Eddie_42 said:

Saturday is the 3rd

Think I will be picking this one up myself. I've got friends that have been telling me to buy it and I just didnt want to spend the money, half price makes it much better.

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

Haha, you're right Eddie. I got that date from Shacknews without looking at a calendar myself. I've fixed it now, thank you.

9Nails, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Steam's servers buckled from the load last night! When I found out about the DLC, it took me 20+ retries in Steam to get a complete download at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. Once ready, the servers lagged and bounced me out a few times in the game. Which is something unusual in the past 6 months that I've played L4D. I think that does a pretty good job of expressing how popular this game is.

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

LOL at 9Nails! I had the exact same issue! well the update download went fine but once in the game, I couldn't get a good connection to save my life! hope its been fixed for tonights play!

guyver1 said:

Crash Course = Crash and Burn imho.

Very disappointed compared to the other campaigns