The contest winner has been announced. More details here
Update (3/20): The contest is officially over. We will be announcing a giveaway winner over the next few days. Thank you everyone for participating!
Participate in TechSpot's latest giveaway and win an Acer Aspire Timeline 14" Laptop computer. Rules are simple and anyone can participate, no matter your location. The contest will be held for about two weeks. Enter here for more details.
Giveaway season begins at TechSpot
Welcome to TechSpot's first giveaway of 2010. This is one of many more to come as you may recall we had a pretty nice run last year getting those prizes out there to you.
This time we are giving away an Acer Aspire Timeline 14" 4810T Laptop, similar to the one we reviewed last November. The Acer Timeline 4810T is a solid system that offers exceptional battery life (8+ hours), good portability and modest performance at a competitive price. It's a pretty neat system, valued at $550.
In a nutshell, the laptop specs are as follows: Widescreen 14-inch LED backlit display (1366x768), Intel Core 2 Solo SU3500 processor, 4GB of DDR3 memory, 320GB hard drive, Intel GS45 chipset with 4500MHD integrated graphics, Intel Wi-Fi Link 5100 (Draft-N), Vista Home Premium 64-bit.
What it takes to win
- First leave a comment below and let us know you want to join the contest (that's not all, keep reading).
- Become an active participant in the news comments starting today and until next Friday, March 19th (roughly two weeks from now).
- For every comment you make you get an extra chance to win (e.g. if you've posted 20 times during the contest, you get 20 chances).
- To make this a sane competition we will cap the number of max comments during the giveaway to 50 total (~4 posts per day on average).
- If a participant posts nonsense comments recurrently we will automatically remove him from the giveaway without any notification.
- Quantity is important but QUALITY will be taken under serious consideration.
- TechSpot staff members will monitor and join the conversations. Our usernames are highlighted in blue.
Other rules and regulations
- We will randomly select one (1) winner using weights depending on the number of comments posted during the giveaway time frame (per the rules above).
- We won't limit participation based on geographic location. We will ship the laptop from the U.S. to the location the winner designates. We shall not be held responsible for any customs import taxes or additional fees incurred in the process.
- The prize is not an off the shelf item. It is however practically new as was only used for evaluation on the site. The manufacturer (Acer) has granted us permission to give it away to our readers.
- The winner will be notified via email. Only TechSpot community members can participate as we will use your account's email for notification. As always, you can register here free of charge.
- Once selected, the winner will be notified via email and have 3 days to respond and accept the prize. It will also be announced at this location. If we don't receive a response by the fourth day, we will select a new winner in his/her place.
Good luck everyone!