Dragon Age II available for preorder, coming March 2011

By on July 8, 2010, 7:09 PM
If you're dying to slay more Darkspawn and catch up with your party around a virtual campfire, then we're pleased to inform you that a new installment of Dragon Age is only eight months away. Along with opening preorders for Dragon Age II today, EA promised a trailer for August 17 and revealed plans to ship the new chapter on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 next March. Additionally, the next issue of Game Informer magazine (208) will feature an exclusive 10-page cover story of the title.

According to the official game page, players will embark upon an all-new adventure that spans an entire decade, where they'll be "forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world" and "gather the deadliest of allies" just like the first title. You can also expect an emphasis on character interaction, with decisions greatly affecting the world. There's also talk of updated combat mechanics, revamped graphics and a "new visual style." Click through for a complete list of key features and more concept art.

Serag said:

What?!, is that what RPG fans will "crap their pants" when they see it?

Dragon Age is a good game but I was really hoping for a TES V announcement

Route44 Route44, TechSpot Ambassador, said:

There seems to be a game parameter for 2 that many fans are none too pleased: You'll only get the opportunity to play a human named Hawke.

Relic Relic, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Bioware doesn't make The Elders Scroll Serag that's Bethesda, but I do agree V is overdo.

Serag said:

I know, Relic. But it has been rumored that TES:V will be announced soon based on a tweet by some guy "Don't remember who he is or what he does, but it went around a lot" saying that the next issue of Game Informer will hold a surprise announcement of a none-E3 hinted game that RPG fans will "crap their pants" on.

So too many supposed it's TES:V, and there goes my hopes away.

Relic Relic, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Ah, well there is still a chance it'll be announced eventually. And it was a bit disappointing that nothing was talked about at E3.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

You gotta be kidding me. I just finished Castle Age: Origins after investing damn near 120 hours into it (including DLC). This sequel will have to wait. I think I have 3,259,617 Steam games I've purchased during their recent sales that I haven't even downloaded yet, PLUS have Fallout: New Vegas and Crysis 2 on pre-order.

Sheesh...can't a guy get a break??

Timonius Timonius said:

TomSEA said:

Sheesh...can't a guy get a break??

LOL! You too eh? People who say vampires don't exist haven't been introduced to Steam. People who believe in the vampires of any RPG, TV show, or movie haven't been introduced to Steam. Steam is a full time blood-sucking career!

Aeonlinux said:

Damn you Steam!

But still love you!

:P

ET3D, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I still have to finish, err, start Dragon Age. And yes, I bought a few RPG's at that Steam sale.

windmill007 said:

Dragon Age... Best Game ever!

gingerbill said:

loved dragon age , can't wait for the second one.

TorturedChaos, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Not going to see any excitement outa me for this game. I couldn't stand Dragon Age, or really the whole western RPG genre. Cmon ppl release some good jRPG's already

Route44 Route44, TechSpot Ambassador, said:

And what constitutes for you good RPG genre'?

Badfinger said:

Unless it's also 10x longer, it's a pass.