AMD has slipped out a new set of graphics drivers for Radeon users. Catalyst 10.8 adds a number of features, including support for OpenGL ES 2.0, enhanced default quality profiles for watching videos, antialiasing support for StarCraft II, enhanced quad CrossFire performance as well as CrossFire profile updates for Mafia 2, Final Fantasy XIV, Singularity, Lord of the Rings Online, and Aliens vs. Predator. Game performance improvements are as follows:
Far Cry 2:
- Performance increases 2-6% on Radeon HD 5800 Series single and CrossFire configurations.
- Performance increases 2-4% on Radeon HD 5700 Series single and CrossFire configurations.
- Performance increases 3-8% on Radeon HD 4800 Series single and CrossFire configurations.
Left 4 Dead 2:
- Performance increases 3-5% on CrossFire configurations using the Radeon HD 5800 and HD 5700 series.
- Performance increases 5-10% on Radeon HD 5600 and Radeon HD 5500 series configurations.
As with most software updates, various bugs were also squashed. FSAA is now a selectable option in City of Heroes and City of Heros Going Rogue, the HDMI default refresh rate now appears properly as 60Hz under HDTV in the Catalyst Control Center, and plenty more. You can read the complete release notes here (PDF), or download driver below:
Desktop: Windows XP 32-bit | Windows XP 64-bit | Windows Vista/7 32-bit | Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Mobile: Windows Vista/7 32-bit | Windows Vista/7 64-bit