Winamp 5.6 adds a new device management interface that supports wireless syncing of media, simple management of multiple connected devices, and faster encoding and transferring of media to your devices over USB or WiFi. Winamp can now wirelessly sync your music library over Wi-Fi, import your iTunes library to Android, and stream over 40,000 internet radio stations with the integrated SHOUTcast Radio directory (Android 2.2+). Wireless device syncing and streaming will only work if you have Winamp for Android installed.
Winamp 0.9.2 beta for Android has the following features:
- Wireless Desktop Sync: Enable Wi-Fi sync (Launch Winamp for Android => Winamp Home screen => Menu button (hard button) => Settings => Winamp Help) and leave your cable behind. Now your playlists are also synced wirelessly.
- SHOUTcast Radio: Extend your listening experience beyond your own library. Search, Favorite, and play over 40,000 Internet radio stations.
- Android Widget Players & Shortcuts: In addition to the standard widget there is now a new smaller (4x1) widget. You can also add your favorite playlists to your Android home screen, as well as enable playback control from the lock-screen.
- Now Playing: Displays song info, album art, and more. Press and hold on the song info to interact with other apps like Pandora, YouTube, and the Amazon MP3 Store (requires that these additional apps are installed on your device). Get Artist information like bios, pictures, and more by clicking on the info icon.
- Persistent Player Controls: Intuitive interface with player controls that are always available. Quickly pause, change tracks, manage your play queue, see what's playing, and access the Winamp Home screen.
- Play Queue Management: The play queue is a temporary track listing that allows you to easily see what's playing next, jump ahead, or change the order of tracks in your queue. You can also save it as a playlist.
- Scrobbling: Supports scrobbling with the Last.fm app installed (on your Android device). Capture all of your mobile listening history in real time.
- Language Support: Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, and Russian. More to come.
Downloads and Drivers
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: