Nullsoft Winamp 5 is a fast, flexible, high-fidelity music player for Windows. Winamp supports playback of many audio (MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, MIDI, etc) and video types (AVI,ASF,MPEG,NSV), custom appearances called skins (supporting both classic Winamp 1.x/2.x skins and Winamp 3 freeform skins), audio visualization and audio effect plug-ins (including two industry dominating visualization plug-ins), an advanced media library, Internet radio and TV support, CD ripping, and CD burning.
This Full version plays MP3s, AAC, WMA, and more; Compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins; Full Support for classic and modern skins; Plays Videos; has a Powerful Media Library; Browse Internet Radio & TV Stations; Integrated Internet Music Videos & Songs; Bundled Visualizations; and Burn & Rip CDs.
Winamp features: a playlist editor and a 10-band graphic equalizer with user-definable presets that can automatically load specific files. It also includes Windows Media Technology 4.0 input/output support and the industry-standard Fraunhofer MP3 decoder.
- Wireless desktop sync with Winamp for Android
- iTunes Library Import
- Major podcast overhaul including new directory powered by Mediafly
- New Windows 7 support including taskbar player controls
- Available in 16 languages including Turkish, Romanian & Brazilian Portuguese
- Improved playlist generator
- Add the Winamp Toolbar and control playback from your browser (optional)
- Improved: Added a Reset button to clear history in the Open/Add URL dialog
- Improved: Added an option to disable the mouse wheel from altering the volume
- Improved: Added more commandline switches (run: winamp.exe /? to see full list)
- Improved: All menus now use the skinned style when option is enabled in ML settings
- Improved: Disable all online features when no internet connection selected in Prefs
- Improved: High DPI & text scaling compatibility fixes for dialogs & library views
- Improved: Increased notification area tooltips up to 128 chars (instead of 64)
- Improved: Library views now optionally group the 'Play' and 'Enqueue' buttons
- Improved: Mass metadata editor from library now also available in Playlist Editor
- Improved: Retry UAC prompt if user previously selected "No" (for relevant settings)
- Improved: Speed-up of Winamp shutdown process
- Improved: [gen_ff] Added a setting to control show/hide time for docked toolbars
- Improved: [gen_ml] Drag & drop handling tweaks
- Improved: [ml_downloads] Added 'Size' column
- Improved: [ml_history] New options for resuming playback (for podcasts or all files)
- Improved: [ml_history] Added a 'Play Offset' column with right-click option to clear
- Improved: [ml_local] Added Podcast, BPM & Rating fields to Ctrl+E metadata editor
- Improved: [ml_playlists] Option to use source file instead of database-managed copy
- Improved: [ml_nowplaying/wire] Added support to use alternative services
- Improved: [ml_pmp] Added a simple view to match Local library support
- Improved: [pmp_android/usb] Added
support to File Name Formatting
- Fixed: Agent not using Winamp window if a clone is already running (eg. KMPlayer)
- Fixed: Length not being read when set to read titles on load
- Fixed: Ratings-related freeze on right-clicking large selections in playlist editor
- Fixed: Saving to wrong extension for the 'Save As' action in the Alt+3 Artwork tab
- Fixed: Unicode characters not displaying in taskbar when some old plugins are present
- Fixed: Various issues with aero-peek and docking of freeform skins as an appbar
- Fixed: [gen_jumpex] 'Jump to File' window not always visible when pressing 'J' or 'F3'
- Fixed: [gen_ff] Docking to bottom/right when windowframe scale is anything but 1.0
- Fixed: [gen_tray] Lockup/double-start issues when using the 'Prev' action
- Fixed: [in_flac] Removal of embedded artwork
- Fixed: [in_midi] Memory comparison crash with badly formed .kar files
- Fixed: [libmp4v2] Crash due to invalid pointer check on corrupt files
- Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Crash on bad path
- Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Use filename if no metadata available to generate filepath
- Misc: [installer] Added a "Winamp (Safe Mode)" option to start menu icons
- Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations (lots of them!)
- Updated: [enc_fhgaac] Fraunhofer AAC Encoder v3.02.16
- Updated: [enc/in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.1
- Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.3
- Updated: [in_wave] libsndfile 1.0.25
Download notes: Alternatively you can download the latest beta version of this software.
Apps similar to WinAMP 20
iTunes is a free application for Mac and PC. It plays all your digital music and video. It syncs content to your iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV.
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
Foobar2000 is an advanced and very complete freeware audio player for the Windows platform.