Internet Explorer 9 hits RTM

By on March 12, 2011, 4:25 PM
Microsoft this week reportedly signed off the Release to Manufacturing (RTM) build of Internet Explorer 9. The RTM build is 9.00.8112.16421.110308-0330, meaning it was compiled on March 8, 2011 at 3:30 AM, according to Windows 8 Beta.

A user by the name of sp3ciali5t has managed to post an image of the IE9 about screen for this build on Twitter. It's in Turkish, but you can still see the build number:

Earlier this week, Microsoft confirmed that IE9 would be launching on March 14, 2011 at 9:00 AM PST. The company will hold a launch party in Austin, Texas during the South by Southwest Interactive Festival (SXSWi), but not before a press briefing where IE senior director Ryan Gavin said there will still be "a few surprises."

Microsoft unveiled the first IE9 public preview in March 2010. This was followed by multiple further public previews as well as a public beta in September 2010. Last month, Microsoft released a public IE9 Release Candidate build.

IE9 will be available in 32-bit and 64-bit flavors for Windows Vista and Windows 7. Users of Windows XP will thus not be able to upgrade past IE8.

Staff
Per Hansson Per Hansson, TS Server Guru, said:

Users of Windows XP will thus not be able to upgrade past IE8.

Oh yes they will.

There is; Opera, Firefox & Chrome available as upgrade paths

The former two are still available for Windows 2000 aswell

yes but Win2k is soooooooooooo old xD

ffs who would use that anymore? :O O.o if so; they should be arrs f'ck by steve ballmer xD

yowanvista yowanvista said:

Where is the leak?

Lurker101 said:

Funny how the IE9 RTM is released just days after Mozzila manage to push out its Firefox 4 RC

Why is it funny. The IE9 RC came out at least a month before Firefox's RC, and Firefox 4 is still a buggy piece of crap. The IE9 RC came out because it's ready.

s00r

Whatever you say.

aj_the_kidd said:

The company will hold a launch party in Austin, Texas

I can just imagine all the IE9 developers fist pumpin' during the unveiling

Archean Archean, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I have already said my good byes to XP and Opera, so it doesn't bother me which platform is not supported. Although XP still has large presence at workplace so for them Per's recommendation holds true. Generally this is a nice upgrade (after many years at that), except for couple of minor issues like wastage of space at the title bar.

LightHeart said:

I've tested a few IE9 betas and I'm not crazy about IE9, I'll see if the RTM is any better. I have had quite a few sites that do not work properly. The speed is no better than any other browser. I don't like the UI. The only reason I'm using it at all is for my job.